MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Installing Rme Rpm (hammerfall Dsp Series) On Imac G5, rme
mace_mike
post Fri 13 Oct 2006, 14:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,166

hey people,
have installed drivers downloaded from rme website on to my my imac g5
but wen i plug the soundcard in, it doesn't recognise it (i.e. red led light indicatind error)
woz wondering if anyone knew how to sort this.
thanks alot
mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 15 Oct 2006, 05:13
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Well…

Are the drivers compatible with your OS X version? (it should be written either in the read-me file with the drivers oron RME website).

Next, have you restarted? Have you repaired permissions using Apple Drive Utility? Just in case you don't do it regularly or you don't leave your computer on at night, with OnyX or an equivalent utility clean the different system caches (not Safari ones), do a general update prebiding and rebuild the databases (all but the spotlight one). you'll have to restart after this.

Next you can try PRAM and NVRAM resets.

Don't be surprised by Open Firmware for the NVRAM, just write down the stuff you'll have to type, it'll work perfectly.

Last, reset the SMU, it'll force the imac to look after all there is connected and reinitialize all ports.

If all this doesn't work, then we HAVE a problem wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Fader8
post Sat 21 Oct 2006, 02:00
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 76,377

QUOTE (mace_mike @ Fri 13 Oct 2006, 13:21) *
hey people,
have installed drivers downloaded from rme website on to my my imac g5
but wen i plug the soundcard in, it doesn't recognise it (i.e. red led light indicatind error)
woz wondering if anyone knew how to sort this.
thanks alot
mike

Hi Mike,
I've never owned an iMac, but I thought you couldn't put any PCI cards into it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

The RME RPM requires an RME PCI card for its interface to the computer. Are you plugging this directly into the FW port? If so, it will never work.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:31
- © MacMusic 1997-2008