MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Do I Buy?, Need Some Help
whitneymusic2003
post Sun 7 Mar 2004, 00:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,584

Hey, I need some help.

I just got Bias Deck 3.5 SE with a Lexicon Omega Interface. It does't do automated mixing, so I need to buy the full product- or do I. It also doesn't DO MIDI Sequencing. It only apparently plays MIDI sequeneces (but I can't get it to play mine.) I also can't go straight from Deck to Audio CD format.

So, I am back to square One. Here is what I have:

700 MHz G4 eMAC
640 MB RAM
Lexicon Omega Audio-Midi Interface
Roland D-20 (ancient)
Ensoniq KT-76 (semi-ancient)

I need a well priced and effective:
1) MIDI Sequencer that will talk to the old synths.
2) Audio Recording Program that will interpret and play my MIDI files through my old synths. and
3) Mastering Software.

I am thinking about just upgrading the BIAS Deck to the full version, buying PEAK and looking for a sequencer. Any ideas?

Matt Whitney
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
xingu
post Sat 13 Mar 2004, 07:07
Post #2

Member No.: 6,217

I'm all too familiar with the D-20... been a long time though. Anyway, if you need MIDI sequencing, you'll probably want to consider Cubase, Logic or Metro, each of which have cheaper and more expensive versions with less or more features, respectively. Look into 'em - check the company sites and search the forums here - more than enough comments/opinions than you can handle. I can't guarantee they'll be able to read your D-20 sequences, but I would imagine they would. Also, each of these handles audio, so there's no reason to purchase a separate audio recording program, especially not the full Deck 3.5 (or whatever version they're on now). And depending on your personal requirements, you should be able to master just fine using whatever sequencer you decide on (although I'm sure there are plenty who might disagree with that statement). And, as I understand things, you generally have to bounce/mix down your work to an audio file and then pull that into a separate program (iTunes would be the easiest/free choice, or try Toast) to burn to CD. Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
whitneymusic2003
post Sat 13 Mar 2004, 07:28
Post #3

Member No.: 36,584

Way cool information. Thanks much. I think I am going with Logic.

I appreciate the care you took to answer my mail.

Also, I have a feeling you know Chinese. If so.

Feichang Ganxie ni!

Yours,

Matt

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Sat 5 Oct 2024, 07:55
- © PcMusic 1997-2007