MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> G4 800mhz, Os9.2.2: Audiophile 24/96 Probs, Audiophile 24/96 initialisation crackle
thedude
post Mon 29 Dec 2003, 06:46
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,857

Hello,

I have a similar problem to the one described in the following link:

Crackle issue

I have been running this setup for about a year now and I experience the following issues.

1. When the computer starts up, the right speaker crackles when the Delta extension is loaded.
2. When I load up music software, the right speak crackles when the soundcard is initialised.
3. If I try to route sound manager through the soundcard, the sound often distorts at any volume level.

I use Behringer truths if that makes any difference.

M-Audio suggested I swap the card into a different PCI slot, and download the latest driver (3.1 1010 - beta), however both options have not changed the operation. The latest driver also creates a problem in that my computer cannot receive midi input, I have to install the original driver.

I realise this has been discussed before but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on these problems.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Metro SE
post Mon 29 Dec 2003, 07:12
Post #2

Member No.: 20,523

If you are using digital ins then it could definitely be word clock sync set up incorrectly.

+Quote Post
rolle33
post Wed 7 Jan 2004, 10:10
Post #3

Member No.: 32,005

Hi,

i had the same problems with my 1010LT. But only, when i used any effect of my TC Works PowerCore - PCI Card. What Cards do you have in your Mac? Changing the slots don't change anything. Thats only what the guys from MAudio tells you to get you out of the line angry.gif

The problem is well known at emagic, Maudio, TcWorks and others. The ONLY way is:
get another SoundCard (or something like a Motu 828 Firewire or better)
don't use any other Audiocard (PowerCore, UAD, etc) with your Midiman...
don't use Maudio-Stuff with a mac...

Rolf

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 22 Oct 2024, 11:41
- © MacMusic 1997-2008