MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your favorite audio sequencer?
Your favorite audio sequencer?
Your favorite audio sequencer?
Protools [ 85 ] ** [17.31%]
Performer [ 106 ] ** [21.59%]
Cubase [ 82 ] ** [16.70%]
Logic [ 166 ] ** [33.81%]
Vision [ 27 ] ** [5.50%]
others [ 25 ] ** [5.09%]
Total Votes: 593
Guests cannot vote 
voravor
post Tue 13 Aug 2002, 01:54
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,811

studiovision pro studiovision pro!!!! i don't care if humans suddenly become able to hear 1mhz no one will make me stop using it. the last update was 98, i believe, but it still surpasses all other sequencers. not for long, but for now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
albaron
post Tue 13 Aug 2002, 09:09
Post #22

Rookie

Member No.: 6,506

QUOTE (kamus @ Aug 12 2002, 22:02)
... Amazing that such an amazing program is now freeware!

freeware ?
where have you seen that ?
thank you

+Quote Post
iMellotron
post Tue 13 Aug 2002, 23:41
Post #23

Member No.: 6,648

QUOTE (albaron @ Aug 13 2002, 08:09)
QUOTE (kamus @ Aug 12 2002, 22:02)
... Amazing that such an amazing program is now freeware!

freeware ?
where have you seen that ?
thank you

you can download it for free from the opcode site.
http://www.opcode.com/downloads/
biggrin.gif

they say that "The downloads are provided as a courtesy for those people who have copies demanding challenge codes." meaning there might be some support files that are also needed. but they are out there....

--------------------
don't you hate it when people end a question with a period.

+Quote Post
post Wed 14 Aug 2002, 09:59
Post #24

Group:
Member No.: 0

I use a MPC2000. It locks up to pro tools perfectly and I have the option to sample from existing tracks. Can't bitch.

+Quote Post
bdeep
post Fri 30 Aug 2002, 20:04
Post #25

Member No.: 7,244

I use logic mainly because i can get out of it what i want fairly quickly. ProTools or Nuendo aren't really an option for me because i use mainly midi, and hardly ever audio. Used Cubase for a very short period of time, but with logic, everything seems to work better for me. i even made an envirinment to control my MKS50 yesterday, don't think any other sequencer would let me do that (or am i wrong???).

+Quote Post
VibeTribe
post Tue 3 Sep 2002, 00:11
Post #26

Member No.: 4,088

Opcodes Vision DSP is still the best midi sequencer EVER. Anything you can think of can be done quickly and easily. Apple should have bought Opcode from Gibson's punk ass. There should be a law against buying out a company and then shelving it. Better yet, Digidesign should have bought it and integrated it into ProTools with Altivec and multi-processor optimization. What an app that would be!!! I start out in Vision and then export midi file and use my Digi 001 and ProTools LE 5.1.1 for audio. Both apps sync to my MPC 2000XL perfectly. BTW, what is the best usb midi interface(8x8)? I have the USB Midisport 8x8s and it has bad timing. At least once a session it skips or something. It's not long, but it's hell during mixdown and when clients are in the studio. Just for info, I also have a Mackie 1642 mixer, Korg Triton Rack, Alesis DM5, Roland M-GS64, Event P6 monitors, MK-4902 keyboard controller, and a G4 DP 533/896MB RAM/120 GB of hard drive space, DP3, Logic 4.7, Cubase VST/32 5.0, Finale 2002, NI B4/Pro 52/FM7/Spektral/Absynth, Bitheadz Unity/Retro/Phrazer, Tokyo 2.5, Prophead Reason/ReCycle/Rebirth, T-Racks 24, and a host of VST/MAS/RTAS/ plugins.

+Quote Post
dgrillon
post Tue 1 Oct 2002, 13:54
Post #27

Member No.: 7,821

smile.gif
I'm a DP User since 5 years and I've recorded a lot of CD's with it. For the money I found it great (smoking).
I use to work with logic or PT in various studio but DP stay my favourite.
My opinion...
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Synthetic
post Tue 1 Oct 2002, 15:37
Post #28

Maniac Member

Member No.: 1,082

me thinks some are missing the key word in the subject of the poll.... "audio" sequencer... sure many apps handle both audio and midi these days but... its not what's your favorite "midi" sequencer... its asking what is your favorite audio sequencer wink.gif just thought I would point that out

its fun to be picky when you are bored at work hehe biggrin.gif

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(

+Quote Post
post Tue 1 Oct 2002, 18:16
Post #29

Group:
Member No.: 0

I started out recording *only* live instruments through a little tapedeck with a friend/guitarist, then moved on to soundedit16. Then I used cubase for a couple years and moved on to Logic.

I must say, it is one thing to say an application is too complex for no good reason, or just plain unintuitive/clunky...but it is an entirely different thing to say that an app is too complex in an evolved/functional sense, and too difficult to learn. We all read the "logic's learning curve is too hard" so often. I have taught myself a lot of applications so...maybe I'm a bad example, but...I dont think Logic is very difficult to learn. No more difficult than cubase was.

I am just beginning to get into soft-synths and sampling within logic over the last year, and I am very pleased with the way it works. I am also very happy with VST/AS plug-in support within Logic. The buyout by Apple and the subsequent restandardization of audio by the same company that makes my hardware only makes it more of a no-brainer. If you dont have the serious cash to fork out for a proprietary system (ProTools) or the patience to endure a pompous overly greedy upgrade scheme (ProTools) then Logic is the choice.

+Quote Post
HauiB
post Sat 5 Oct 2002, 01:35
Post #30

Member No.: 8,240

I am currently using Cubase, but thinking about "Switching" to another App. LOGIC looks good, DP also, but the decision depends on which is most financially viable to the rest of my system.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 23:42
- © 440 Forums 2011