MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M-audio Oxygen 25, do I have the right specs to use the Oxygen?
mklmouse
post Tue 23 Mar 2010, 07:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,036

hi folks, I am using an iMac G4, 700MHz, 384MB RAM, running OS X 10.4.11; I need a simple MIDI keyboard controller to JUST enter note-on, velocity and MIDI channel number information to play synths and samplers running in Reason 2.5. The M-Audio Oxygen controller keyboard seems just right, but: the literature at the M-Audio website says that the minimum requirements include 1GHz processor and 512MB RAM. My question is: are my specs high enough to run the Oxygen where it will be employed just to enter note-on, velocity and channel number info to the devices in Reason? If not, what would be the consequences of using the Oxygen for my purposes (slow response, complete impossibility, etc)? Are the high minimum requirements mostly for running some bundled software or for complex edits of synth parameters and using the real-time MIDI CC messages etc?

Thanks in advance

michaelP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kayj_prod
post Wed 24 Mar 2010, 08:35
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,001

You shouldn't have any problem with this spec. MIDI and USB interfaces for it need very little power. I'm guessing the minimum spec is more for any bundled software which you might not want to use anyway.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 05:52
- © MacMusic 1997-2008