MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evolution Mk-249c Problem
bitstream
post Sun 16 Oct 2005, 15:21
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,319

Please someone help me! I have a proble. I'm a new mac user. Actually that's my first mac. I have this Evolution MK-249c USB Midi cotroller that i used on my old PC. When i plugged it in the iMac's USB port it appeared in the hardware profile but i couldn't see it in the audio/midi setup. There are no drivers for this device, it's class-compliant. On Evolution's site it says it should work perfectly. I read an review of this controller where the guy said it worked immediately. I just can't figure that problem out. And i have tried alot. Please if anyone had that problem or similar, share the resolution with me. I'm using iMac G5 with MacOS X 10.4.2 Tiger. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 17 Oct 2005, 03:12
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

is it on a hub?
is it powered by USB only?
Did you switch on before starting the mac or after? huh.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
bitstream
post Mon 17 Oct 2005, 07:45
Post #3

Member No.: 71,319

I fixed it. It turned out there is a patch but it's posted nowhere. A friend gave me the link but i lost it. If there's someone with the same problem, please send me your e-mail and i'll send it to you ot upload it somewhere.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 17 Oct 2005, 17:35
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

It's on this page at Evolution wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
kitton
post Wed 18 Oct 2006, 17:11
Post #5

Member No.: 37,613

Hi,

I have the same problem (MK-249C) not recognised in Audio MIDI Setup. It was recognised (for years) but is no longer available there. Hence it is not usable in any OS X application.

I have been to the link lepetitmartien posted:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=evolution.main This is now the M-Audio site and not Evolution.

Going through the checkboxes returns "the driver is class compliant" and no patch is downloadable.

Is the patch available elsewhere?

Regards
Kitton

[quote name='bitstream' date='Mon 17 Oct 2005, 06:45' post='152393']
I fixed it. It turned out there is a patch but it's posted nowhere. A friend gave me the link but i lost it. If there's someone with the same problem, please send me your e-mail and i'll send it to you ot upload it somewhere.

Hi,

My email: [edit LPM use the secure no-spam link on the member's card below this post wink.gif]

Please post the patch direct.

This would be very much appreciated in order to continue with my MIDI keyboard (lost without it).

Regards
Kitton.

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Wed 18 Oct 2006, 18:51

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 19 Oct 2006, 02:46
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Class compliant means it should run nicely from the generic drivers included in OS X. So it should work…

To get back to the beginning of the problem of kitton, I wonder, have you installed/updated anything? if not, trash the audio preferences.

com.apple.audio.AudioMIDISetup.plist in ~/users/your_user/libraries/preferences

As you're not clear on wether the MK ever worked on your OS X system, if it did, it'll help.

Next, I'd try a motherboard reset (PMU/SMU depending on the system), to be sure USB is working the way it should. (the way it's done depends of your computer, which is?).

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Thu 19 Oct 2006, 03:03

--------------------

+Quote Post
kitton
post Thu 19 Oct 2006, 10:48
Post #7

Member No.: 37,613

Hi,

Thanks for replying so soon. The keyboard DID work fine in OS X and I never had a problem until now.

Not sure how 2 do a motherboard reset? My system is old but (once) reliable B+W G3, 400mhz, OS X 10.3.9, 1GB RAM.

Very impressed with the response time.

Look forward to instructions on motherboard reset.

Kitton.

+Quote Post
Macbook user
post Wed 7 Mar 2007, 07:19
Post #8

Member No.: 89,143

QUOTE (bitstream @ Mon 17 Oct 2005, 01:45) *

Do you still happen to have this patch? I have an MK-361 with the exact same problem, shows up in system profiler but Audio/MIDI setup will not see it at all. lemme know if you do and I'll post my email. That would be a huge help. Thx!

+Quote Post
derekt441
post Sat 24 Mar 2007, 22:53
Post #9

Member No.: 89,694

Hi i had Excactly the same problem as you guys, a MK361C that was appearing in system profiler but not in audio midi setup This was when i upgraded my power mac G5 to a mac PRO and i've just got it working
I did all the stuff mentioned above but still same problem but i found this driver here a driverguide.com

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/deta...driverid=389469

click on the filename link (EvolutionUsbExt.sit.hqx) and you can log in with the user name "driver" and the password "all" and download it. it's a 2003 OS X driver, i installed it and restarted and hey presto i now have "mk-361 usb keyboard" in my Audio midi setup and thus my other apps and it seems to work perfectly?! smile.gif

I hope this helps!

Mac PRO 2.66 3G 10.4.8 Pro tools 7.3.1 Logic 7.3.2

+Quote Post
charlessw
post Sun 25 Mar 2007, 02:02
Post #10

Member No.: 89,698

My setup:
Evolution MK-249 Keyboard (MIDI/USB out)
iMac 17" Early 2006 1.9GHz
iMac 20" Early 2006 2.0GHz
Garageband 3.0.4 (latest version)

Here are a couple things I've found are important:
1. If you are connecting via USB, make sure your USB MIDI OUT is turn "ON". To turn it on, press "BANK MSB" and "TRANSPOSE" at the same time. The display will then blink either "on" or "OFF". Press the + or - buttons to change it to ON to use USB MIDI.

2. Some articles talk about restarting when you plug in new MIDI devices.

Before you open any audio apps, I recommend chcking if the device is even "seen" by your computer. Choose Apple Icon in top left > About This Mac... and choose "More Info". If your USB Midi Keyboard is not listed in the USB devices, then you have a problem- for whatever reason, the USB port isn't working, and some people recommend not using the USB cable, and using the MIDI cable to connect instead.

Other people talk about the importance of using the Audio Midi Setup program in Applications/Utilities/. Some recommend trashing the .plist file for audio midi setup, located in Mac HD > User > Library > Preferences > com.audiomidisetup.plist
Others talk about bypassing the Audio Midi Setup altogether and not using it.

3. Does your keyboard not show in the USB Devices area of your computer? It is possible the USB port is "fried" on your keyboard- or some people say. They recommend using the MIDI port.

Personally, my keyboard is not recognized when I plug into the USB port. So, either:
-my USB cable is bad (low chance)
-the USB port is fried (possible? unsure)
-the keyboard's circuitry is faulty (possible- I found my keyboard in a dumpster)
-OSX 10.4.9 does not work with this keyboard / needs drivers (I doubt it- supposedly this keyboard has worked without drivers for the past several versions. While some people swear they need to use older drivers such as the ones for OSX 1.1.5... I'm unsure)

I'm going to test this keyboard using an MBOX (MIDI to USB controller) as well as direct to a Windows Machine through the Serial Game port and report back.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 06:12
- © MacMusic 1997-2008