MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Line Out From Tascam Us 122
starfox
post Thu 3 Nov 2005, 01:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 71,947

I m trying to run my tascam us 122 on a powermac g5 osx 10.4.3

I get audio threw the phones jack but nothing threw the line out I've been checking my preferances and I m just lost, any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
johnnyboy
post Tue 22 Nov 2005, 05:22
Post #2

Member No.: 71,205

I have an Imac g5, not power mac, with os x.42, it doesnt have this problem, are you sure you set the preferences to the us 122, in preferences under the sound option I have both the input and output set to the us 122. Also, I just bought this us 122, I wondered what you thought about it, I'm thinking of returning mine. I read the book and it suggests noy using a mic and line input at the same time. I'm not liking that to much, and the fact that it isnt powered except throught the usb makes me wonder if it will reduce sound quality if say, I have the printer hooked up at the same time. Best of luck

+Quote Post
synthpro
post Tue 6 Dec 2005, 02:12
Post #3

Member No.: 73,426

OK Star Fox... your a dope... a big one. You know why???... cause your useless.... and you dont even realize it! You had this big time problem, that believe it or not... so many other MAC OS X 10.4.3 users using Tascam US 122's have. Anyways, I was one of them... and then to my dissapointment... when you said "YEAAAAHHHHHHHH I FIGURED IT OUT!!!... BUT UH... DUH..... I DONT KNOW HOW I DID IT... SORRY... I JUST DID... I'M A RETARD.... DUH"

Anyways, based on all the forums I went to, and gooling everything in site, I know there's alot of you out there... and so many have already returned either their Power Book, or their TASCAM. I came close myself. So here's the answer to the problem. I figured it out...

Go to the Tascam website: www.tascam.com/Products/US-122.html.
Click on the driver OSX 3.3.2 (or whatever the specific number is I can't remeber). Now you will see that once downloaded... you probably wont be able to open it in your Power Book. Thats because OS X 10.4.3 doesnt recognize the extension of the driver.

To open this unreadable extension, you need to download the free STUFF IT application from the Alladin website (It is FREEWARE... or there is a free 30 day trial... so don't worry).

Now you have everything you need to open the driver. Go to the downloaded driver and chose OPEN WITH... and then pick STUFFIT. It will open it, then you can install your driver. Make sure you dont have your TASCAM connected. Reboot the computer, connect your USB, then open your cubase... and voila!!! It will pick up the signals from your TASCAM.

If it still doesnt, go to your preferences on the Power Book. Go to sounds. There are 3 tabs (EFFECTS, INPUTS, & OUTPUTS). Click on Inputs and Outputs, and change it from Built in stereo, to TASCAM US122). Now you will be all set!

Just so you know, it took me a whole weekend to figure this out. I hope this helps!

Synthpro

+Quote Post
Flando
post Tue 15 Jan 2008, 05:36
Post #4

Member No.: 97,883

Check this out for all who use the Tascam US 122... I had problems on my iBook G4 as the green light wouldn't come on... called the company & they said it's supposed to work fine... had the latest upgrade & everything. After a few hours of being frustrated, I plugged in the USB cord from the US 122 directly into the USB port on my laptop. It never worked with it plugged into a USB hub. It has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years now, so try & plug your interface directly into the computer.

Then I upgraded to a MacBook Pro & had the same problem & called Tascam, & they gave me the web page to get the latest upgrade driver for the intel computer OS 10.4 & up. It also works flawlessly.

Here's the way to get to it on the Tascam.com web page:

Go to tascam.com
Go to Products on top of the page & go to Legacy
Go to Computer Products & click on Interfaces/Controllers
Go to the US 122 picture, click on it & go to the download that fits your computer

Hope this helps! Happy recordings!
Flando

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 00:55
- © 440 Forums 2011