MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Opening Wav Files In Reason ?
mazza_lives
post Sat 14 Jan 2006, 11:44
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,106

I made a sample in Audacity and it was saved as a wav file. Am I able to open it up in Reason??

BTW what is the best way to sample sounds and music so I can use it in reason or Logic?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ARCVILE
post Fri 4 Aug 2006, 15:36
Post #2

Member No.: 82,049

QUOTE (mazza_lives @ Sat 14 Jan 2006, 06:44) *
I made a sample in Audacity and it was saved as a wav file. Am I able to open it up in Reason??

BTW what is the best way to sample sounds and music so I can use it in reason or Logic?

Any .wav file can be open in Reason. I'm new to Reason but the tutorial said so. I guess you can open your .wav sound file but opening it through one of the "instrument". Click on the folder icon of the "instrument" and locate it on your hard drive.

+Quote Post
Kwasi
post Mon 7 Aug 2006, 02:56
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 39,259

QUOTE (mazza_lives @ Sat 14 Jan 2006, 22:44) *

I am not a reason user myself but my understanding is that it cannot record or import audio, it handles MIDI messages that can be exported (bounced) as a wav or aiff audio file. I'm sure you can drag your wav file into a sampler inside reason and trigger it from there via MIDI.

Logic is a full-blown recorder. You can record audio into it, or import it. It will handle everything from aiff, wav, SDII to mp3 and AAC (in version 7.2). Then you can edit and process it to your heart's content, or stick it into the built-in soft sampler to trigger it via MIDI messages. Reason can also be rewired into logic to act as a MIDI triggered sound generator. All of this of course adds to logic's complexity.

Samples are just recorded audio snippets, so logic would be the logical choice (pardon the lame pun) smile.gif

This post has been edited by kwasi: Mon 7 Aug 2006, 02:57

--------------------

+Quote Post
Morbass2004
post Mon 7 Aug 2006, 07:23
Post #4

Member No.: 61,347

QUOTE (mazza_lives @ Sat 14 Jan 2006, 10:44) *

Yes you can open wav files in Reasons, you do it thru the samplers. Reasons does not sample sounds, you have to use Logic to do that. Reasons is not a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) its a glorified Midi workstation that does so much more.

+Quote Post
azusa
post Mon 7 Aug 2006, 23:48
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,031

You can use NN-XT or Redrum to open the wav file.
Use the 'Add sample' button to do it then save it as a patch.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 23:37
- © MacMusic 1997-2008