MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changing Midi Channels In Gb
soehnk
post Sat 2 Feb 2008, 18:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,573

Hello,
how does one assign or activate different midi channels in Garageband within one track? I want to activate different midi channels available in Miroslav Philharmonik. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks.

Keith
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Sun 3 Feb 2008, 08:15
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

soehnk... By time this communique reaches you, jimdubpramgaragebandman will have your problem sorted.

+Quote Post
jimdubpram
post Mon 4 Feb 2008, 11:49
Post #3

Member No.: 55,837

MacDaddy, your faith in me is deeply touching but I don't know the answer to this one.
I don't think it's possible to open more than one midi channel per track in GB. Seems to me you have to open a new track for a new channel?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Tue 5 Feb 2008, 06:17
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

Yo, jimdubpramgargebandman....

When I didn't see an immediate Post from you I figured you must be Holidaying in Jamaica or sumpthin...

I know whatever you are doing you are having a great time...

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Tue 5 Feb 2008, 06:25
Post #5

Member No.: 11,156

Unfortunately, GB doesn't actually handle multiple MIDI channels separately. Each MIDI track in GB is, in effect, 'listening' to all MIDI channels simultaneously. To get assignable MIDI channels for individual tracks, I believe you'll need to look at Logic Express 8 or Logic Studio.

I found this Apple discussions thread on assigning MIDI channels in Logic Express.

GB is a great 'sketch pad' for your works, but it sounds like you are already working above GB's bar, so to speak.

I have read some reviews on Apple's boards about SoundFont Synth GB, but I can't find definitive information on it accomplishing what you're looking for.

Wish there was better news.

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post
soehnk
post Fri 11 Apr 2008, 00:37
Post #6

Member No.: 59,573

Thanks for all the discussion and advice! I'll look into Logic and see if it will suit my needs. I'll also check out the apple discussion link.

Rock on,

Keith

+Quote Post
tommy96
post Fri 19 Mar 2010, 07:55
Post #7

Member No.: 113,347

QUOTE (Mac Daddy @ Tue 5 Feb 2008, 06:17) *
Yo, jimdubpramgargebandman....

When I didn't see an immediate Post from you I figured you must be Holidaying in Jamaica or sumpthin...

I know whatever you are doing you are having a great time...

I tried turning off all the ring mains and lighting circuits in my home, apart from the one for the equipment, and have even tried my gear in my neighbour's house, but it is still there. I then took the equipment to my father's house to see if he could work out what was causing the interference, mcdst certification only to find that it had gone. I've thus decided that it isn't a problem with my equipment, as it works perfectly well at my father's house, and that it isn't anything in my house (fridge or freezer, for example), mcitp certification as the interference is also present in my neighbour's house. It's at about 8-10 kHz, is there for 24 hours a day, its level drops and increases with the position of microphone and cable, and it affects every room of the house. mcse 2003 On asking around to find out whether any new electrical equipment has been fitted in my neighbourhood, I discovered that a new aerial has recently been erected at the local police station, just a few hundred yards away. I was also told that TV reception in the local area has been affected. On investigating, mcts I found that my TV is clear when connected through the digital cable, but when it's connected with the old set-top aerial there's interference on all channels. I further found that there is interference on the radio.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 18:09
- © MacMusic 1997-2008