MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bss M-250's, SCAM Don't buy them!!!
lepetitmartien
post Thu 14 Oct 2004, 03:39
Post #31

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

It's just INSANE this swindle is still up and running! blink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ashem
post Thu 14 Oct 2004, 15:34
Post #32

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,249

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...!!!!!!!
... i can't believe it... 200 quids... u're right, and i thought about it... but i don't know, one of the speakers they sold me is still in its box!!!! ... and the guy showed me his driving license, i wrote down the number on his driving license... i haven't checked yet, but i guess it's a fake one, what do u guys think? ... well, now, the best I can do is to get someone to tell how much they're worth... i imagine there is no way to belive what's writting on the back of the speakers, is there?
what's written is the following:

bss - studio monitor m-250
sensitivity 90dB
Normal impedance 4 Ohms
Frequency response 30-20 000Hz
Music power 250 W
Crossover frequences 500/5000Hz

is this the same as all of u guys??? ... so, do we have a definite idea of the value of those speakers?? ...

thanks, i guess i won't be able to sleep tonight... i can't belive i've been that stupid... after 8h of lectures at university, for sure ur brain doesn't work well anymore...

guess the best is to keep them, isn't it? or should they be trashed cuz they have absolutelly no value?

i can't belive i got accepted into bristol university and be able to be that stupid...

+Quote Post
fictionmusic
post Thu 14 Oct 2004, 20:41
Post #33

Member No.: 40,632

QUOTE (sa77 @ Oct 12 2004, 08:19)
" fictionmusic"
Did the speakers name were ,LinerPhase .....those speakers were covered whit something looking like black felt.

Well I didn't see the name but they were coverd with what looked like black felt. The area I lived was were most of the Ottawa University students lived (much like the experience of other posters) so I imagine it is the same outfit (an international conspiracy of speaker con-men!)

+Quote Post
sa77
post Thu 14 Oct 2004, 21:17
Post #34

Member No.: 52,905

QUOTE (fictionmusic @ Oct 14 2004, 19:41)
QUOTE (sa77 @ Oct 12 2004, 08:19)
" fictionmusic"
Did the speakers name were ,LinerPhase .....those speakers were covered whit something looking like black felt.

Well I didn't see the name but they were coverd with what looked like black felt. The area I lived was were most of the Ottawa University students lived (much like the experience of other posters) so I imagine it is the same outfit (an international conspiracy of speaker con-men!)

OK. This was in Canada, you been offered these speakers.
I can say its seems to be world wide spreed. Beucouse my friend ,were offered these in Sweden, stockholm, some years
ago. Like my friend, i was offered to buy on the street,like everybody, but not neer any University or were students live.
They just came up whit a car, leaning out of the window, at a shoppingmall on the parkinglot.

+Quote Post
londonboy
post Thu 14 Oct 2004, 21:26
Post #35

Member No.: 52,549

On the question of what they are worth:

I just managed to get rid of mine for £350 which is far more than i would have imagined. However other people i have spoken to or seen on e-bay seem to be about £50 at the most.

shame! wink.gif

+Quote Post
MessyPup
post Thu 21 Oct 2004, 12:02
Post #36

Member No.: 52,443

Hey, there is a lot of upset people out their over this BSS 250 problem... but has anyone sat down and realised that 1) they do work and 2) just because we have all been 'conned' it doesn't mean the speakers are of a rubbish quality...

After the annoyance of being tricked wears off and the speakers have worn in, I am now quite pleased with my pair (for £200), is anyone else also pleased with there's......?

.....or am I alone on this one? huh.gif

+Quote Post
ashem
post Thu 21 Oct 2004, 18:12
Post #37

Member No.: 53,249

to tell the truth, I haven't tried them yet... cuz i don't have the material to...
i thought about selling them on ebay.. but i'd feel bad to do excatly what happened to me to someone else sad.gif
However, one of my box is still closed (means COMPLETELY NEW!!!!!). I live in Bristol, if anyone is interested, i'll give them for the price I paid them... 200 quids... if they're worth it, i'd love to do so (I'm in a SMALL university hall... they take about 1/2 of the space in my room... which is really getting on my nerves)

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED I HAVEN'T TRIED THEM, AND I'LL SELL THEM FOR 200 POUNDS (ok, it's not cuz it's in caps more people will read it, but it sounds like i'm telling everyone... tongue.gif)

so if u hear anyone looking for those kind, these are 100 percent NEW!!!! (WHAT A DEAL!!! ... it'll go for the one proposing the largest amount of money) It starts at 200 and goes up by 50!!!

... Hope never killed anyone, did it? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 22 Oct 2004, 05:22
Post #38

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Uh oh… it's for the classifieds this post wink.gif

please do cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
ExoXile
post Wed 27 Oct 2004, 19:19
Post #39

Member No.: 54,015

HAHA!... My dad bought thesame speakers, mini-van,leftover-speaker,bear needing persons.......

He got the speakers for 250£.

Most of you guys speak english, but this happend in sweden!

Thanx for the scam revieling anyway.

+Quote Post
souljor
post Tue 30 Nov 2004, 12:48
Post #40

Member No.: 55,832

same happened to my friend 3 days ago in nottingham

heres the ones he bought.

they sound pretty sweet, worth 300 quid even (maybe)

i aint gona tell him he got scammed thoughhe would be so pissed.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 13:33
- © 440 Forums 2011