MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remap Midi Devices In Dp
Liberty
post Tue 6 Feb 2007, 01:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 86,729

Hello,
I had to open my DP sessions in a recording studio, that had no Midi Interface installed, for orchestral OV sessions, and because of that, all my MIDI mapings in my chunks are assigned to IAC Driver ! (the only choice available when I opened the sessions).
How can I remap my MIDi configuration, now that I have installed my MIDI TIME PIECE ?
Please, help me ! I don't want to do it track by track ; I have about 200 tracks on each cue !!
The Device Remap (in Studio Menu) allows to remap the IAC Driver to only one device !!!

There gotta to be a one click way to do that !…
Thanks a lot for your help.
Liberty
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sugarshane
post Tue 6 Feb 2007, 08:49
Post #2

Member No.: 85,790

what do u mean installed MTP? remapping is a simple rerouting of ins and outs once a device is added.

Midi setup should just find the device ....can u be more specific as to what the messages u r getting?

Best

Sugar

+Quote Post
Liberty
post Tue 6 Feb 2007, 10:27
Post #3

Thanks Sugar,
MTP & DP are working fine. I simply did sessions in a studio where 2408 was installed but there was no MTP connected on the Mac, therefore all my MDI OUT routing was assigned to IAC Driver !
And now I am looking for a fast way to correct the MIDI mapping, without having to assign each single MIDI track, otherwise I'll spend one day just to do that…
liberty

+Quote Post
Liberty
post Tue 6 Feb 2007, 21:31
Post #4

Allow me to be more specific:

I had to open my DP sessions in a recording studio, for orchestral OV, on a Mac G4 that had DP 4.61 and Audio Desk installed, but no Midi Interface installed, and therefore no MIDI configuration in Apple CoreMidi.

As I was under pressure, when asked for remapping MIDI devices when I openned the sessions, I let all my MIDI maping be assigned to IAC Driver, (the only choice available) and I saved thoses sessions.

Now it is time to mix the orchestral OV with Midi tracks, and I have installed my own MIDI TIME PIECE, but all my MIDI mapings in my chunks stays assigned to IAC Driver !

How can I remap back to my MIDi configuration ?
Please, help me ! I don't want to do it track by track ; I have about 200 tracks on about 12 devices (2 Gigastudios + synths) on each cue of 2 episodes of a TV show !!
The Device Remap (in Studio Menu) allows to remap the IAC Driver to only one device !!!
There's gotta to be a one click way to do that !…

Thanks a lot for your help, I am in an emergency.

Liberty
Paris FRANCE

Mac G4 Power PC 2 x 1Ghz
Mac OS 10.3.9
DP 4.61

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 15:40
- © MacMusic 1997-2008