MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Need To Replace Fl And Magix Studio, Pc To Mac Convert
lexx3001
post Thu 17 Sep 2009, 05:29
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 110,555

I just moved to a MAC format from PC, which I have been working on for years. I have been using FL and Magix Studio. Well, I am learning about Reason, and, while its completely different approach then FL, I can definately see its potential. The problem is switching to a different multitrack recording/mixing software. Magix was everything I needed. I am not interested in Pro-Tools, don't want to have to purchase hardware that comes with it, and right now looking at Cubase. Any other suggestions? I am aiming for something very user-friendly.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kcsherrell
post Fri 18 Sep 2009, 07:00
Post #2

Member No.: 106,449

QUOTE (lexx3001 @ Thu 17 Sep 2009, 05:29) *
I just moved to a MAC format from PC, which I have been working on for years. I have been using FL and Magix Studio. Well, I am learning about Reason, and, while its completely different approach then FL, I can definately see its potential. The problem is switching to a different multitrack recording/mixing software. Magix was everything I needed. I am not interested in Pro-Tools, don't want to have to purchase hardware that comes with it, and right now looking at Cubase. Any other suggestions? I am aiming for something very user-friendly.

Well, if you want my advice give Ableton Live a try!It is by far and away the most user friendly app out there plus it can do things so intuitively and easy that it makes software feel like a instrument almost. Rather than look for everything you just do it, its really nice and in its current version (Live 8) its become a very capable program for MIDI and is a DAW I couldn't live without!

Cubase is nice as well, but if I could have only one software program it would be Ableton Live!

ONE

+Quote Post
jimdubpram
post Fri 18 Sep 2009, 11:23
Post #3

Member No.: 55,837

Have you tried Garageband? It is quite simple but also quite sophisticated and a good intro to using Logic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Fri 18 Sep 2009, 16:45
Post #4

Member No.: 88,124

Ableton Live will be a small step, conceptually. don't ignore Garageband. if you bought a new mac, it's sitting there waiting for you right now.

+Quote Post
minehead
post Fri 18 Sep 2009, 19:54
Post #5

Member No.: 60,530

I suggest Ableton's Live, it is a great tool for easy arranging, sequencing, and recording audio. Logic has better instruments and plugins but is a very deep application and may be overwhelming for a new user. I have used everything on the market, and since I use Stylus RMX on almost every track, Live is the way to go for arranging multi's with RMX.

+Quote Post
cruising
post Sat 19 Sep 2009, 12:06
Post #6

Maniac Member

Member No.: 71,483

lexx3001 Posted Thu 17 Sep 2009, 05:29
..... Any other suggestions?

Hello,

You can also take a look at Digital Performer from Motu...

+Quote Post
ironhead
post Mon 21 Sep 2009, 16:22
Post #7

Member No.: 62,788

I am a logic user and i have tried many other programs out there many of them are great program but work a bit different so you need to do a little reading and researching to make a good decision before you buy there are so many Daw out there some are very eazy and simple a lot them we never even heard about because people stick to the popular ones.
So try garage band first it is very simple and great sounding program nice preset there is also this program record from propellerhead , Reaper ,also try these link http://mail.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0 this also a new daw from presonus http://www.presonus.com/products/SoftwareD...x?SoftwareId=11
i hope the helps

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008