MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Os X 10.5.7 Update
Macintop
post Tue 19 May 2009, 05:33
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 89,209

Hi DANO10,

Ok, no problem I just wanted to be sure I didn't missed something.

Regards
Rob
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pjhk
post Tue 19 May 2009, 09:35
Post #12

Member No.: 82,653

A general tip when updating operating systems: sometimes permissions are corrected (so to speak) on certain objects, causing applications that use them to behave weird.

I think it's a good idea to bring that up with support people - mention the os update, what objects does the application access and does it need any particular permissions on those.

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 19 May 2009, 14:31
Post #13

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

End user safeguard tip: always repair disk before, and permissions before and after update. wink.gif
(best to use Apple disk utility or OnyX, and for the geekier: Applejack, always check Applejack or OnyX is up to date, don't be too confident on those right after an update, s…t happens!)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Wed 20 May 2009, 04:34
Post #14

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

One member has issues with the validation of Amplitube, on both MBP C2D 2.4GHz and iMac 24" C2D 2,8GHz. The ID of the computer is changing for some unknown reason so it screws the authorization for it. After a restart of the computer, the original ID is back and it works…

Somehow it does not happen on the PWM G5 dualCPU 2GHz… So maybe it's linked to intel code only…

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 22 May 2009, 02:43
Post #15

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

On a Mac Pro Dual Xeon : no issues with Omnisphere 1.4 and Stylus 1.7. Same with his East West Play editions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 22 May 2009, 16:17
Post #16

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Citation (lepetitmartien @ mer 20 mai 2009, 05:34) *
One member has issues with the validation of Amplitube, on both MBP C2D 2.4GHz and iMac 24" C2D 2,8GHz. The ID of the computer is changing for some unknown reason so it screws the authorization for it. After a restart of the computer, the original ID is back and it works…

Somehow it does not happen on the PWM G5 dualCPU 2GHz… So maybe it's linked to intel code only.
same issue with T-Racks (on a Xeon Mac Pro) so if you're using any IK Multimedia software keep to 10.5.6 for now, or reboot, it'll work in the net session till you shut down the computer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 23 May 2009, 04:07
Post #17

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

The IK multimedia suspens! ^^

On a macbook 2.4, no issues either with T-Racks (1 and 3) nor with SampleTank…

--------------------

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Sun 24 May 2009, 04:49
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

Any word about the latest OS update with Ableton Live? I seem to get in one kind of trouble or another as soon as I update with Live....mostly it's just Ableton not recognizing some plugs anymore....sometimes the plugs come back.....sometiimes they don't.

www.reverbnation.com/mortalengines

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 24 May 2009, 05:15
Post #19

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

No news for Live, I'll ask.

Another member is fine with Amplitube, so the guy with issues must have something else fishy…

One solution for live if you have the time and the hard drive, is to clone your system, update and see… This way you can go back to safety if needed. But it can eat hours very easily…

--------------------

+Quote Post
tweedmusic
post Mon 25 May 2009, 09:42
Post #20

Rookie

Member No.: 95,714

Hi,
How do you clone a complete DAW ?
I have a Glyph external HD that I save my Cubase 4.5.2 music projects onto.
I have just done the 10.5.7 update and I think I should do a back up.
Thanks
tweedmusic

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 09:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008