MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Protools Vs Logic
abelsna
post Tue 22 May 2007, 13:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 91,308

I´m afraid i cant escape the digital age anymore, so therefore i´m in the market for either protools or logic (or a third option?). I have recorded on a tascam MS-16 but more often than not the bands just want it on the harddrive, for them to take home. Therefore i have to invest in a PC and a suitable program. The question is; how much RAM and how powerful does the PC have to be and what software should i pick? My hot shot producer friend shout protools but a lot of my not-so-well-paid colleagues says logic. I have tried protools and it is very easy(!) but how is the perfomance?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
enrimusic
post Wed 21 Dec 2011, 19:11
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 119,525

Pro Tools and Logic Pro are both excellent daws,

Pro Tools: is born for audio editing, you should use it for managing multiple audio files or for audio/video syncing.
is mac/pc, the important hardware think is hardrive speed! So, you need more hardisks (usually one for the OS and one for boucing) and they must be faster! (since protools write everything into hdd)

Logic Pro, is pure creativity! (with limited audio editing), is mac only, and it wants lots of ram! if you search a daw that lets you compose easily and faster Logic is yours.

I use both biggrin.gif

hope that helps!
cheers

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 19:40
- © PcMusic 1997-2007