MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mac Quad And The Right Sound Card?, I need some expert advice...
banevt
post Mon 6 Feb 2006, 19:58
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,332

Yeah I would say that what is more important for the track count you are trying to achieve in Logic is upgrade your RAM to it's max, and just like mortalengines said Logic has a cool function that lets you use networked computers to add more processing power. I would be interested in knowing how many tracks a Quad G-5 can handle playing back in Logic. So really I would think your RAM would be more important than how many interfaces you have in this case.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TonyMusic
post Tue 7 Feb 2006, 20:48
Post #12

Member No.: 76,230

Thanks everyone for your input! smile.gif

Now I just need to know what would be the sound card for the job. I'm also interested about the ram thing...cause I've thought of getting 8 gb of it, but I've been reading that the G5s can't use more than like 4 Gbs of it or something...is that true?

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Thu 9 Feb 2006, 04:51
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

There are so many good soundcards out there that (even the ones with only 2 in & out tend to be really good) - follow some of the postings here as to in/compatibilities & you can't go wrong- BTW: I hear the RME fireface 800 is dang fine as is the Mackie Onyx 400f. The RAM upgrade will kill you (Mac RAM is very expensive) but is absolutely essential.

This post has been edited by mortalengines: Thu 9 Feb 2006, 04:52

+Quote Post
beyaRecords
post Thu 9 Feb 2006, 07:47
Post #14

Member No.: 20,901

Apogee Symphony(PCie)
Apogee AD-16X
Apogee DA-16X

Expensive yes but in my books if you're going to do it, do it properly.

Beya

+Quote Post
TonyMusic
post Thu 9 Feb 2006, 08:47
Post #15

Member No.: 76,230

Thanks you guys...I'll be looking into the sound card choices. And what comes to that RAM update...You don't have to get them from Apple...The cheapest place I found, sells them in 2GB (a pair of 1GBs) for 149 $. And that times 4 is 596 $...So that's something I can take. Though I'm not sure if there's any point in getting 8GB, if one is to believe people telling that for example Logic can handle only 4-5GBs...anyone know if that's true?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sun 22 Sep 2024, 09:45
- © MacMusic 1997-2008