MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kind Of Stumped
lancet
post Thu 4 Jan 2007, 13:15
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,480

QUOTE (mortalengines @ Thu 4 Jan 2007, 01:04) *
I was mad about this at first but what do you know, all of a sudden, my trouble spots in Ableton all but disappeared. I really had no idea that a cluttered desktop had that much effect on CPU efficiency.....Or does it?

I would tend to think that it was just a coincidence. Files sitting idly on you hard disk shouldn't have any impact on CPU usage. Maybe some other change that's been overlooked?

The only possibility imho, is if your HD was very full AND you didn't have enough RAM, you may have performance issues. This would be because you didn't have enough free space for your virtual memory requirements which are high in the first place without enough RAM.

Even then I would expect only slight improvements if you freed up HD space.

anyway, I'm glad to hear you've been healed.. smile.gif

QUOTE (aportman @ Thu 4 Jan 2007, 02:05) *
Could it be that developers are tracking and monitor all of our activities including the current versions we are working with, therefore, can monopalize, forcing so-called upgrades down our literal throats. Is it that devlopers can create glitches or problems down the virtural cable into our home systems, disrrupt (or antiquate) our the current version(s) we own and operate, so you will b estanding in line for the "new" and "improved" upgraded version of music software. Do you think that Apple really is so nice that every time your computer crashes they want you to feel out the little reporting box and send it to them, They simply want to find out what type of software you were using using, so they can build a better up-grade for your (that will probably cost). .

Actually it's probably far less sinister than that. Businesses need something to sell or the go out of business.

So yes, there will always be something new to buy.

Wearing a tin foil hat is not the solution. wink.gif

This post has been edited by lancet: Thu 4 Jan 2007, 13:15

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:32
- © MacMusic 1997-2008