MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Edit Long Gb Multi-track Session Into Separate Songs - How Do I Do This?, Question - HELP!
billoetjen
post Sat 2 Aug 2008, 18:02
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 64,425

Hi,

I use GB and a Presonus Firebox to record my band's live performances. I can't figure out how to quickly and efficiently take individual songs out of the session so that I can then mix & EQ them as separate songs.

There has to be an obvious way that I'm missing in the documentation.

Thanks for any support you can give.

Bill
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Sun 3 Aug 2008, 05:24
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,156

First, save a copy of your current recording so that you are only working on a copy of it. Better safe than sorry.

Go to the beginning of the second song in GB (make sure your play head is at the right spot in your recording), select all tracks (Command-A), Use the "Split Tracks" function to cut the track at the playhead. click any track (be sure you don't move them as you click). Assuming you are starting at the first song in and working "right" along the tracks window, select all the tracks you have just created on the right side of the window (drag the cursor across them to select them or Control-Click each track past your edit). Once they are all selected, Cut them (Command-X). Save the song as the name of the first song. Close the window, open a new project, name it, paste the tracks back into the new song. Lather..., Rinse..., Repeat until all your songs are in separate song (GB.band) files.

Mix and master away.

peace.

This post has been edited by deaconblue: Sun 3 Aug 2008, 05:24

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:36
- © MacMusic 1997-2008