MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
> Blue Snowball Usb Microphone, Questions about the mic
GreyHope
post Thu 27 Apr 2006, 01:09
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79,273

Hey, I'm curious to know if anyone knows anything about Blue's Snowball USB mic...it was recommended to me by my guitar teacher to use for desktop recording. He said I didn't need an interface with it becuase it connects directly to the computer via USB.

thx
Peter
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
GitGeezer
post Thu 27 Apr 2006, 06:31
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,280

I have been testing (and using) the Snowball recently. I used it for a voice recording (spoken word) in GarageBand 3 and it worked very well.

HOWEVER, I have been unable to get it to work consistently with Logic Express 7 or Logic Pro 7.1.1. From what I've learned Logic is unable to work with an audio source that is input-only. The solution is supposed to be to set up an "Aggregate Device" object in Audio MIDI Setup/Aggregate Device Editor. I've tried this and had brief success before it failed again. I'll keep trying (my employer sells them) so I'll report back if I have any success.

Caveat Emptor.

--------------------
Quad G5, 4 gig memory, internal and external drives, MOTU Traveler, Logic Pro 7.1.1, Sibelius, Reaktor 5, Absynth 3, Live 5, OS X 4.4
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 10:36
- © 440 Forums 2011