MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 
rlarsonusa
post Thu 31 Jan 2002, 02:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,237

I've used Coaster in the past to create AIFF files for burning to CD, from records and tapes. It's been awhile since I used it last, and now when I do it, using a sample rate of 44100, the resulting file is half as long as the original and when listening, it's like  a 33 LP playing at 78 RPM.

When sampling at 22000, it sounds okay. But since I want to put these on CD, I would prefer the higher sampling rate.

I first thought the Coaster app had been corrupted, so I reinstalled. The problem didn't go away. Very weird.

I have a PowerMac G4, AGP w/ Dual 450.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks for your input.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Thu 31 Jan 2002, 07:35
Post #2

Group:
Member No.: 0

Does that dual 450 G4 (I think it's a 'Gigabit' and not an 'AGP') have a built-in sound 'in' port? Is that how you're recording?

If so, trash your sound prefs (as well as your coaster prefs) and start over. They get corrupted often. After trashing, verify the settings in your sound control panel.

+Quote Post
rlarsonusa
post Fri 1 Feb 2002, 02:27
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,237

That did the trick! I had previously trashed my Coaster prefs when I reinstalled it, but it never occurred to me to trash my sound prefs.

Thanks very much.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 17 Oct 2024, 00:35
- © MacMusic 1997-2008