MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Add Official Product Links To News Articles
anonymous
post Fri 20 Jan 2006, 23:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,847

Hi, I'm Anonymous (that's my handle anyway :-D).

Congrats, your site is so good that for many search queries for audio products, Google shows your page even before the offical product page. Problem is, once a user is on your page, there is no way to the official product page. Like here:

http://www.macmusic.org/news/view.php/lang/EN/id/3177/

I'd like to see a link to "http://www.wavearts.com/Panorama5.html" on that page. But there is none.

If you would add those links regularly, your page would be even of more value to casual _and_ regular users.

Thanks, and keep up the good work! :-)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 21 Jan 2006, 03:43
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

We moved from your proposal which was the case sometimes ago to the manufacturer/editor link for known websites in our database. It's way simpler for us (just a pop up away) and the direct link is sometimes not reliable. Websites do change their structures… sad.gif

You have still the manufacturer/editor website URL though the following page. Now It can change in a little while when we'll overhaul the site (it's in the workshop, bending steel, cutting wood wink.gif but I don't want to spoil the fun.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
anonymous
post Sun 22 Jan 2006, 02:06
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,847

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Jan 21 2006, 02:43)
You have still the manufacturer/editor website URL though the following page.

Hi, I'm sorry I don't understand you. What do you mean by "following page"? I don't comprehend - is there a subsequent page for every page and the url is there or something like this?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 22 Jan 2006, 03:58
Post #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

News which don't have a big bottom link like "more on WhatEver" have a small manufacturer link right under the title like this one:

Roland MC-808 Groovebox with Motorized Faders

by Francois Déchery , Saturday January 21, 2006. 10:28 PM
Music Hardware > Roland

(I have not entered the link)

You follow this link to the manufacturer page in our database then you can see all the relevant software if there's any and jump to the manufacturer site. it's handy for updates as you have the direct link to the software usually. This is when it is in our database. wink.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 15:33
- © 440 Forums 2011