MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Landry Shamet Jersey
linchao
post Wed 5 Sep 2018, 03:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 125,979

— After four at-bats Blake Bortles Jersey , DJ LeMahieu was still looking for his first hit and felt he hadn’t made good contact.

He was just saving his best swing for extra innings.

The Colorado Rockies struck for three runs with two outs in the ninth inning before LeMahieu homered over the center field wall in the 10th Saturday night in a 5-3 win over the Atlanta Braves.

LeMahieu’s drive off Luke Jackson cleared the 400-foot mark — the deepest part of the park.

“I hadn’t really hit the ball hard all night,” he said. “I was just trying to get on base.”

Carlos Gonzalez followed with a double and scored on Nolan Arenado’s single to complete a frustrating blown save for fill-in closer A.J. Minter.

Minter came in with a 3-0 lead to begin the ninth and retired the first two Colorado batters. But the Rockies followed with four straight hits, including a two-run double by Ian Desmond and a tying single by pinch-hitter Gerardo Parra.

Minter has been Atlanta’s closer since Arodys Vizcaino went on the disabled list last month with shoulder trouble.

Braves trainer George Poulis visited Minter on the mound early in the ninth to examine a cut on Minter’s left thumb. Minter said a fingernail caused the cut on his second pitch.

“It had nothing to do with the outcome of the game,” Minter said, adding the blown save was “just pretty pathetic on my part. My job was to come in and get three outs, especially in a three-run game, and I didn’t get the job done.”

Braves manager Brian Snitker described Minter, a rookie, as “still a work in progress” while mastering the command of pitches.

“It hasn’t been great for a few outings, really,” Snitker said. “He has continued to make pitches and not give in and get through it.”

LeMahieu hit his 10th homer with one out in the 10th off Jackson (1-1).

The Braves stranded a runner at third base in the ninth when Adam Ottavino (5-2) struck out Dansby Swanson to end the inning. Wade Davis pitched the 10th for his 34th save.

The Rockies have won the first three games of the four-game series to stay close to NL West-leading Arizona.

The NL East-leading Braves remained one-half game ahead of second-place Philadelphia.

Braves starter Mike Foltynewicz gave up four hits in seven innings and struck out nine.

Nick Markakis drove in two runs with a bases-loaded single off Antonio Senzatela with two outs in the third inning. Ronald Acuna Jr. had three hits and a walk, scored twice and stole a base. Acuna singled Nick Bellore Jersey , stole second and scored on Freddie Freeman’s single off Bryan Shaw in the eighth.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Rockies: INF Pat Valaika was optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque to clear a roster spot for Senzatela, who had been on the 10-day disabled list since Aug. 5 with right shoulder inflammation.

Braves: Snitker said LHP Max Fried (left groin strain) will make another rehab start before he’s able to return to Atlanta. He allowed three earned runs in 4 1/3 innings for Triple-A Gwinnett on Friday.

LEADOFF MAGIC

Acuna extended his Atlanta franchise-record streak to reaching safely in nine consecutive plate appearances leading off a game when he singled in the first inning. He has four homers, three singles, one walk and a hit by pitch when leading off games over that span.

RECORD CROWD

There was occasional light rain but no delay following an afternoon of sometimes heavy downpours. Despite the threatening weather, the sellout of 42,143 set a SunTrust Park record.

UP NEXT

Rockies: RHP German Marquez (10-9, 4.51) is coming off a win over Justin Verlander and the Astros in Houston on Tuesday. He is 5-1 with a 2.91 ERA since June 30 and is 3-0 with a 2.73 ERA in his last five road starts.

Braves: RHP Anibal Sanchez (6-3, 3.07) will try to extend his perfect career record against the Rockies. Sanchez is 4-0 with a 1.99 ERA in six career starts against Colorado.

Vegas Golden Knights general manager George McPhee stood alone in the hallway outside of his team’s locker room Friday night, as someone walked by and blurted: ”One more George.”

”Yep,” McPhee replied, smiling briefly before turning his attention back to his phone.

And if they get it, the Golden Knights will be Pacific Division champions.

Jonathan Marchessault’s goal 22 seconds into overtime lifted Vegas to a 4-3 victory over the St. Louis Blues Deacon Jones Jersey , inching the playoff-bound expansion team closer to a division title in its inaugural season.

The Golden Knights (49-22-7) can win the Pacific with a point in Saturday’s home game against San Jose.

”We’re trying to get as many points as we can,” Vegas coach Gerard Gallant said. ”Somebody told me we’re one point away from clinching the division and that’s what the goal is. Let’s keep battling hard, and playing hard, and winning as many games as we can. I really don’t care who we beat, and the next season will start soon enough.”

St. Louis (43-28-6, 92 points) currently holds the second wild-card spot in the Western Conference, one point back of Anaheim (93). Colorado (92) is tied with the Blues, who hold the tiebreaker.

St. Louis, whose season-best, six-game win streak ended, has now earned points in six of its last seven road games (4-1-2).

Marchessault scored two goals, while William Karlsson and James Neal also scored for Vegas. Malcolm Subban improved to 12-3-2 after stopping 21 shots.

Barely into overtime Pharoh Cooper Jersey , Marchessault took the puck by himself into the zone, skated by two defenders before circling to the point and firing a long wrist shot past Jake Allen for the game-winner.

”We had a great effort and I think it was a real good positive game for us,” Marchessault said. ”It was a big game tonight. I think it would be great for our fans (to clinch the division), they’ve been awesome all year. To get the win and clinch the Pacific would be awesome. Whoever we face, we just need to play well and I’m sure tomorrow is going to be a good game.”

Patrik Berglund, Brayden Schenn and Chris Thorburn scored for the Blues. Allen, who is now 8-1-1 in his last 10 starts, made 22 saves.

”We fought hard. This is really good hockey team and we knew it was going to be a close game, so not surprised to see it go to overtime, you get into 3-on-3 hockey and anything can happen out there,” St. Louis coach Mike Yeo said. ”There are some things that we have to be a little bit better at … I think we could’ve moved the puck a little bit better tonight. Credit to them, they check well Andrew Billings Jersey , and they pressure you hard.”

But it was the Blues setting the tone early, when Alexander Steen fed Berglund from behind the net, and he smacked home his 13th of the season.

Karlsson tied the game with his 41st of the season, a short-handed breakaway courtesy of a perfect pass from Cody Eakin. Marchessault gave Vegas a brief 2-1 lead with a stroke from a side angle.

Schenn tied the game later in the period when he took a pass from Jaden Schwartz and beat a shielded Subban from the right circle.

After a rather quiet period, Tomas Tatar tapped the puck to Erik Haula, who touch-passed to Neal, who snapped a 12-game drought by going top shelf to beat Allen and give Vegas a 3-2 lead with 3:25 left in the second.

Scottie Upshall’s pass from behind the net found Thorburn creeping at the doorstep and the right wing slipped it through Subban’s five-hole to knot the game at 3 with 13:46 left.

”Overall, they played really well, they’re working hard and they’re finding a way to win hockey games,” Gallant said. ”We got down early, but I love the way we played. We competed the whole 60 minutes. We played a hell of a hockey game tonight against a real good team.”

NOTES

Schwartz has 21 points in 27 games since returning from a lower-body injury on Jan. 25. … Neal is now one game from playing in his 700th career game and five points shy from his 500th career point. … Marchessault is one game away from his 200th career game.

UP NEXT

St. Louis: Visits Arizona on Saturday.

Vegas: Hosts San Jose on Saturday.

Landry Shamet Jersey ,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Wed 26 Sep 2018, 06:49
- © 440 Forums 2011