MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What To Buy, What model should I buy
propan
post Tue 29 Mar 2005, 11:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,512

I'm planing to buy a audio interface to my home studio.
I have a PM G5 2x1,8 with 1 GB RAM. I work with Cubase SX3.
I Plan that the audio interface will also be used outdoors conected to a PB that I plan to buy. I must have 4 pré. imput (with phanton) to connect 4 micros. My principal records is 4 naipes of voices (choirs) singers.
I'm thinking about the RME Fireface 800 or the MOTU Traveler
I'm not shure witch one to buy.
Anyone can post their opinion about this ones? Their prices are almost identical.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jsegura
post Tue 29 Mar 2005, 12:23
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Team
Member No.: 60,731

Without no doubt, it would buy MOTU Traveller.I have worked in my professional studio with both, and MOTU never failed.Anyway, they are the best interfaces of its level.You have chosen well.Both sound very clean, and with the shades sufficient to be professional,but MOTU is more robust.

+Quote Post
gogmagog
post Wed 30 Mar 2005, 06:01
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 47,579

dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy ediroldont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol

+Quote Post
allears
post Wed 30 Mar 2005, 17:40
Post #4

Member No.: 36,120

Buy the RME Fireface 800. I got mine a couple of months ago and the AD/DA is amazing. I have done an A/B test with the MOTU and the RME blows it away.

+Quote Post
Jsegura
post Wed 30 Mar 2005, 20:18
Post #5

Group Icon

There are tastes for everything.Technically it is not possible to be demonstrated as it sounds better.The taste is not a science that can be measured.For thirty years work like musician and producer,I have done it with all class of equipment .And still the discrepancies with other professionals are enormous.It buys anyone of the two.Your productions and creations are not going to lose nothing as much if you have RME or MOTU.Both they will help to remove the artist which you take inside.You do not record with bistoury,It records with your heart.
The productions made with RME,they are not better than the made ones with MOTU,and vice versa.
Good vibrations!

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 31 Mar 2005, 03:23
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

QUOTE (gogmagog @ Mar 30 2005, 06:01)
dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy ediroldont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol dont buy edirol

Mhmm some subliminal message… cool.gif laugh.gif

I DO agree biggrin.gif (my personal encounters with Edirol interfaces on both mac and PC have been… interesting, but not very… musical)

RME, MOTU, Metric Halo, Apogee: serious stuff. I'd favor RME for price and service. Presonus, once the drivers are sorted… (we wait, if someone with a Presonus has news?! wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Jsegura
post Thu 31 Mar 2005, 13:09
Post #7

Group Icon

Subliminal message?....You talk about a... dont buy edirol? Because that is a direct one like those of Muhammad Ali.That they ask to him Gerge Foreman.
Ali boma-ye,edirol,boma-ye.I dont buy edirol either.
Roland like other great ones, is lost much land and it does not finish connecting in the world of software and the new music, and edirol is a second mark of Roland. They will finish buying other conpanies.I wait that do not buy Mac & Music and they throw us to all. smile.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 1 Apr 2005, 02:31
Post #8

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I LIKE antiphrases smile.gif laugh.gif

And we'll never cry out loud enough: don't buy stuff that doesn't work according to the marketing blablah. It's just a waste of time and money which can be used to DO something.

I don't say RME, MOTU, Apogee or Metric Halo are perfect companies, but at least, usually, their product behave as advertised, giving semi-pro and pro satisfying results (in the meaning: it's good). cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Jsegura
post Fri 1 Apr 2005, 09:24
Post #9

Group Icon

I understand that you must from your position be diplomatic.In fact it surprised to me your brave commentary about edirol.One must learn of its own experience.To who it likes edirol, it must continue working with him,because the own taste you cannot replace it.I work with RME,MOTU and Apogee,and I consider serious companies.
Really in the musical composition, the mark of the interface of audio is not so important.
I talk to the wind.My words...

+Quote Post
gogmagog
post Fri 1 Apr 2005, 21:51
Post #10

Rookie

Member No.: 47,579

who wants a laugh?

here goes.....

i have been trying to run an edirol ua 20 on cubase sx......
on a mac powerbook (ho ho ho ho)
with les than 1gb ram (tsk tsk)
whilst running 2 VSTIs (aaaaaagh ha ha ha ha )
and trying to record some vocalsaaaaaaaaaaaghghg ha ha h ah ah ah ah aha hha ha ha )

my excuse?
so i had some bad advice ok?

sheesh

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 01:00
- © 440 Forums 2011