MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie Need Help, Newbie needs help
Masterjazz
post Wed 9 Feb 2005, 12:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,040

hey,
first ever post,Was'nt sure what part of the forum to post this in so posted in a few places, sorry.
im a musician/producer and soon to be dj, buying a G4 ibook soon for my own productions etc.
I also want to use the mac for djing as I will be travelling Asia and obviously wont be able to bring turntables and vinyl..
What Dj'n software is good and is it possible to hook up and external mixer(either mac made or otherwise) to the mac. I need to able to control the mixing with a more hands on type approach than just clicking a mouse etc..

Any help, comments,links and suggestions that anyonecould give me in this regard would be most appreciated . Thanks alot!!
MJ

Ps-IM very new to all things Mac so go easy on me and please excuse any ignorance on my part!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mpcmaniac
post Wed 9 Feb 2005, 15:40
Post #2

Member No.: 59,239

You can check out the final scratch by stanton.

+Quote Post
Masterjazz
post Thu 10 Feb 2005, 14:04
Post #3

Yea thank biggrin.gif s they are certainly very cool but Im looking to control only the mix(like cross faders and eq) thats it, not for scratching etc, also final scratch involves the use of turntables which i cant travel with.
Know of anything else??

+Quote Post
mpcmaniac
post Thu 10 Feb 2005, 16:23
Post #4

Not really.. Where are you DJ'ing? If it is a club 10 times out of 10 wherever you go they are gonna have turntables..
Are you looking to mix in you computer or to use it to store all of your music?

This post has been edited by mpcmaniac: Thu 10 Feb 2005, 16:24

+Quote Post
Masterjazz
post Thu 10 Feb 2005, 17:10
Post #5

Its not a case of the turntables,Its more the vinyl/cds, there's no way i could bring even 10% of my stuff round Asia...so its gotta be Mp3. I know the final scratch is MP3s aswell but I wont always be playing clubs so want a setup that doesnt rely on turntables..

Ill be puttin all my tunes on a Pod oe external drive..
I want to mix the tunes on the Mac but by also using an external mixer, know what i mean.

What about this ,would this do the job you reckon, its the first thing I've found with USB ports..

http://numark.com/index.html?http://numark...=overview&n=124

+Quote Post
mpcmaniac
post Thu 10 Feb 2005, 18:33
Post #6

Yea that looks like it would definately work.. Its mac and PC compatible.. What about the actual mixing though, what are you gonna use to control your pitch? cue's things like that..

+Quote Post
Masterjazz
post Fri 11 Feb 2005, 12:21
Post #7

Yea Im not sure bout that now, It has 2 USB ports so im thinking thats for hooking up to 2 seperate computers or something.What u reckon? I was planning on mixing the 2 MP3s on the one laptop using some DJ software that Ive heard about then controlling the actual mix on the external mix, know what i mean?..

But now Ive found this...

http://www.etcetera.co.uk/products/HER105.shtml

which hercules looks good alrite(though abit fischer pricey looking)

What do you think of this and more importantly what about the system requirements, needs 1 gig and min 256MB, this seems alot, is it??(Im clueless regards this shit for macs but im getting a G4 ibook. Will this handle it, also im gonna have alot of music production software on it. Ill be storing all the MP3s externally on a POD though.What do you think??
And thanks again biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 08:57
- © 440 Forums 2011