MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Logic 9 With Motu Symphonic Instrument
tom gannaway
post Tue 6 Oct 2009, 22:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 110,854

Hello All,

I am new to this forum; what a great resource! I currently use an intel iMac with Leopard OSX, and just purchased Logic 9.

My question is, how do I bring up only one instance of the MOTU Symphonic Instrument, yet route the different channels of the MSI to different MIDI tracks so I can mix the sounds independently? I tried checking the multi tambral mode when I add a new track, but am having problems identifying what's going on with the mixing console, as I find it a bit confusing.

I would be most grateful to anyone who could help.

Thanks!
Tom

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ironhead
post Mon 12 Oct 2009, 19:25
Post #2

Member No.: 62,788

QUOTE (tom gannaway @ Tue 6 Oct 2009, 22:52) *
Hello All,

I am new to this forum; what a great resource! I currently use an intel iMac with Leopard OSX, and just purchased Logic 9.

My question is, how do I bring up only one instance of the MOTU Symphonic Instrument, yet route the different channels of the MSI to different MIDI tracks so I can mix the sounds independently? I tried checking the multi tambral mode when I add a new track, but am having problems identifying what's going on with the mixing console, as I find it a bit confusing.

Thanks!
Tom

To do multi channel asignment on an audio instrument in logic pro
In mixer window load a multi channel (in your case msi ) software instrument then in that instrument channel at the bottom you will see a + just click the + sign each time to create separate auxillary channel for each assign sound out of msi or any other multi channel instrument (for it to work make sure you assign each sound in msi to its individual output
i hope this helps
i made a video i will send you a link later

+Quote Post
tom gannaway
post Tue 13 Oct 2009, 14:20
Post #3

Member No.: 110,854

QUOTE (ironhead @ Mon 12 Oct 2009, 12:25) *
QUOTE (tom gannaway @ Tue 6 Oct 2009, 22:52) *
Hello All,

Thanks!
Tom

To do multi channel asignment on an audio instrument in logic pro
In mixer window load a multi channel (in your case msi ) software instrument then in that instrument channel at the bottom you will see a + just click the + sign each time to create separate auxillary channel for each assign sound out of msi or any other multi channel instrument (for it to work make sure you assign each sound in msi to its individual output
i hope this helps
i made a video i will send you a link later

Thanks Ironhead; I'll check that out!
Tom

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 18:40
- © MacMusic 1997-2008