MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M-audio Fast Track And Logic Pro 9
haveaniceday
post Tue 7 Dec 2010, 11:06
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 115,075

Hi ppl, I have recently bought a Mac Book Pro and Logic Pro 9. To record guitar, bass and vocals I have also bought a M-Audio Fast Track interface.

The problem is however, that the vocals through the M-Audio show up on the Mac (levels fluctuate as I sing), but there is absolutely no sound coming out of the Macs speakers at all.

I have tried everything, and cannot get any sound !!!!! sad.gif

Please help ! huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
houstonmusic
post Tue 7 Dec 2010, 16:57
Post #2

Member No.: 88,124

well, if i understand your set up correctly:

if you're using the M-Audio interface as your audio device, the mac and Logic will be addressing IT as the audio output. so you'll have to plug speakers into the audio outs of the M-Audio interface. the mac's internal speakers are addressed only as 'built in output'. as a simple example, plug headphones into the Fast Track.... get sound?

this can be cx'd by going to the mac Utility 'audio midi interface' and verifying that the fast track is selected as audio input and output. in this scenario, itunes would also be using the fastrack's outputs. as i recall, the fastrack installs a little system preference utility for setting output levels and stereo/mono fold down, you should cx that too.

Monitoring while recording is tricky, BTW. the best approach is to use headphones while the mic is live... you'll avoid feedback and bleed from your backing tracks.

i hope i've understood your description of the problem, and that this helps a bit.

+Quote Post
haveaniceday
post Sat 18 Dec 2010, 13:09
Post #3

Member No.: 115,075

Many thanks for that advice Houstonmusic, I will try what you suggested and then let you know how I got on.

Thanks again!

This post has been edited by haveaniceday: Sat 18 Dec 2010, 13:10

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 29 Mar 2024, 08:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008