MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which Ioss Does The Steinberg Midex8 Work With? Alternative
MAWglobal
post Fri 29 Jan 2016, 15:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 125,070

Hi, I see there seems to be very little discussion on the Steinberg Midex 8, and nothing recent to so this is a bit of a long-shot, but here goes anyway...

Back-story- I'm getting back into music after a 10-year absence (injury has precipitated loss of interest in mountain biking). I've dug out all my old MIDI kit, gone a little mad on eBay and then hit the wall- my ancient XP PC is a little past it now, into which I used to plug my Steinberg Midex 8.

So... I'll shortly being getting an iMac, but I see on Steinberg's website they only have drivers up to iOS 10.9. Does anyone know if the Midex 8 genuinely doesn't work on iOSs after that, or whether it's simply unsupported?

If it doesn't work, are there any fixes in the pipeline? I read somewhere that the basic cause of the problem (USB handling of legacy devices) may be fixed sometime, but that there will be no guarantee that it will allow all affected legacy USB devices to work again.

Failing that, can anyone recommend a good budget 8in/8out I/F? I'm reconfiguring my studio on a budget- I see the MOTU MIDI Express is still going strong so guess that'd do the job; or an M-Audio MidiSport 8. Thoughts...?

Cheers in advance,

Mark
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 22:14
- © MacMusic 1997-2008