MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ni Fm8 And Original Dx7 Libraries, Looking for Translations
synthpup
post Mon 25 Feb 2008, 22:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 99,126

I recently purchased Native Instruments FM8 (which is awesome btw) and was reading in their manual that it is compatible with old DX7 sound libraries. I have thousands of patches for the DX7, TX7 and TX802 which I would love to use with my new soft synth.
Unfortunately, I used an ancient program from Voyetra oh so many years ago called Sideman DTX. The sound libraries (many of which I bought and some of which I programmed myself) had to be loaded into this program by hand form the DX7 hardware. The program then re assigned the sounds a new suffix so that they would work with its editor page and database. Instead of the common .syx or sysex suffix, it gave them letter and number suffixes like .B68 or .B76. The FM8 cannot read these bank files and wants to see individual patches or banks with the standard .syx suffix instead. Unfortunately again, all of these sounds reside on 5.25 floppy disks. (Yes, I have been doing this a long time.)
Are there any programs that can salvage these ancient sounds and return them to a useable format?

synthpup
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Sat 27 Apr 2024, 11:19
- © 440 Forums 2011