MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Decent Strings
karambos
post Sun 11 Apr 2004, 15:50
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 492

How does one get really good sounding strings in a project studio? I have only a couple of synths and the strings aren't very good. Can anyone advise?

Please don't suggest hiring the Berliner Philharmonic I'm on a tight budget here! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Waiting on my new MacBook Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chinweizu
post Mon 12 Apr 2004, 02:30
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,008

Hello Karambos,

My advice is to use your imagination and use your fingers! :-)

I'm assuming that you are happy to use 'virtual' strings rather than those necessarily generated either by a real orchestra (!) or hardware instruments.

If I'm correct, the most basic advice anyone can give is to look for software on the web. A lot of it is free. Plug-ins and even complete working synths can be had on the web. (Some on this very site!)

It's so easy that I will not suggest links. And this is not even mentioning the possibility of buying relatively inexpensive software like the above.

I know of one artist - quite well-known in left-field, modern electronic (dance) music - who has released several records using sounds exclusively made with software, particularly freeware! So it can be done.

Good Luck,

Chinweizu

--------------------
And pluck, and pluck
Till times are done,
the silver apples of the moon,
The Golden Apples of The Sun
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 20:53
- © 440 Forums 2011