MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is It Worth Switching To Mac?, Will a 1GHz iBook G4 handle it?
jacobw
post Mon 3 May 2004, 16:25
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,410

For what its worth,

Microsoft makes Word and the rest of the Office suite for the Mac. Click here to go to their site.

As far as the processing power of the iBook while running Logic; check out OSX Audio as well. There are a great deal of Logic users there, and I know a couple of them use iBooks or PowerBooks in a similar fashion to that you're trying to do.

I do think that investing in an external 7200 rpm FireWire hard drive would be wise, as the low rpms of the internal drives do have a small impact on performance.

I'm running an iBook G4 800mhz machine with ProTools LE 6.4 undeer OS X, and have been quite happy with the processing power. I do have 640mb of RAM in the machine, however.

-Jacob W
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audioel
post Fri 11 Jun 2004, 01:13
Post #12

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,000

Skylit,

Upgrading to Logic Pro on the mac alone is worth buying an ibook. smile.gif

One thing you might consider is keeping your PC and running V-stack software on it, and using it for extra soft-synths and DSP power. Controlling it through MIDI from the ibook.

Personally, I think a 1ghz ibook is good enough for logic. Freeze helps you get a lot of mileage out of a slow computer. I use a 600mhz G3 ibook for remote recording and live shows, and it still does the trick. At home, I only have a dual 500mhz, currently running Logic Pro with TDM - but I also use a dell to run extra soft-synths.

Buy the ibook - it's sweet - But Logic 6 is awesome!

- AE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 02:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008