MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problem With Fw410 Outputs
Gugu
post Thu 19 Jun 2008, 00:14
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 101,800

Hi there guys, i'm new over here, but I'm desperate to find a solution to my problem!

First of all i had my MBP 2.33 Logic Board burnt... so for almost a month i couldn't use the FW 410! So today i got my MBP almost as new and plugged in the FW410 to test it! Everything went ok, but for my surprise there is something wrong with the Unbalanced outputs! I've plugged a cable to each output (1 for L, 2 for R) and plugged into the Mixer... for my surprise sound only came from the left side! I tested the headphones output and sound was on stereo, with the right pannings and all...
After that i tried to listen directly from the outputs with my headphones and for my surprise both 1 and 2 (as 3 and 4) only reproduces sound to the left side of the speakers. Strange is that the Mixer from M-Audio and all programs indicate that 1 and 2 are reproducing sound.
This happen in Windows and Mac OS X!

I NEED A SOLUTION angry.gif lol! I'm gonna try the sound card on other laptop tonight, but i dunno what else to do angry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mortalengines
post Thu 19 Jun 2008, 04:50
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65,373

Just gotta throw out this one question....how up to date are the 410s drivers? Have you checked the manufacturer's website? I had just spent 500 bucks to get the Apogee Duet and it really didn't work worth a damn until I downloaded the lastest drivers to work with OSX Leopard. It just got all stuttery and glitchy....I was almost going to take it back.

www.myspace.com/mortal_engines

This post has been edited by mortalengines: Thu 19 Jun 2008, 04:51

+Quote Post
FastEddy
post Thu 7 Aug 2008, 19:29
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 102,762

QUOTE (mortalengines @ Wed 18 Jun 2008, 20:50) *
... Just gotta throw out this one question....how up to date are the 410s drivers? ...

Yeap, that's always the best thing to try first ... download the latest stuff, always and forever ... blink.gif

Next: try other cables / connectors.

Last: Swap it out with the factory ... it really does sound like a hardware problem, but software and cables should always be checked first before calling the maker.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 20:52
- © MacMusic 1997-2008