MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oms Issues On Installation.os9, OMS Errors on install, unable to.
Apesounds
post Thu 12 Oct 2006, 23:11
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 84,148

Hey to all MacMusic people:)
Am new round these here parts and any help anyone can offer me would be massively appreciated!
Right......Running G4, OS9 and using Tascam USB428 with Cubase v5 to start things off.
Basically after upheavals and reinstalling everything I am attempting to install OMS 2.3.8 which was obtained from free download sources, trouble is halfway through the following message pops up...

Unexpected error occurred Proteus 2000
1008:17,-4

It has happened twice now with 2 OMS downloads, poss both from same source, differing webs?
both Vise I believe.
Anyways after the aforementioned occurrences thought I'd ask for some potential guidance and whether anyone knows of a certifiable working version of OMS I could obtain and try?
The Opcode site has vanished to the best of my knowledge.
As I say, Any help whatsoever is immeasurably appreciated!
Cheers
Carl.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 14 Oct 2006, 02:09
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

First, just in case, OMS reliable source from our (f… great) software tracker where it downloads for now from the opcode users website.

Remove by hand anything from OMS (including prefs if there's one already), remove your tascam drivers too!

Now, check your drive is ok (check with apple disk repair utility). Restart.

Install OMS and if it's ok, install back the tascam drivers.

OMS install can be tricky sometimes, and the general idea is for it to be the first in the MIDI area to be installed. If it doesn't work, we'll see from that point.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Apesounds
post Sat 14 Oct 2006, 17:09
Post #3

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Sat 14 Oct 2006, 02:09) *
First, just in case, OMS reliable source from our (f… great) software tracker where it downloads for now from the opcode users website.

Remove by hand anything from OMS (including prefs if there's one already), remove your tascam drivers too!

Now, check your drive is ok (check with apple disk repair utility). Restart.

Install OMS and if it's ok, install back the tascam drivers.

OMS install can be tricky sometimes, and the general idea is for it to be the first in the MIDI area to be installed. If it doesn't work, we'll see from that point.

Hey LPM,
Thanks alot for your help fella, most appreciated....
Have done your above steps have now managed to find and install OMS, fingers crossed.
Am now adding Tascam and the such so hopefully we on to slightly more of a winner now......
Niceone for input thus far.......

+Quote Post
Apesounds
post Tue 17 Oct 2006, 17:58
Post #4

Hmmmmmmmmpf and here we go again lol.....
Right, OMS installed, working fine, Tascam drivers etc installed, working fine, Cubase ditto and the Tascam and Cubase are seeing each other, allgood thought I......
Attempted to perform some of the Optimization tips in getting into details ie Appletalk/ Virtual mem off, changed fonts in 'appearance' control panel, altered mem allocation to cubase, set sleep to never etc, file sharing off and the monitor/display set to thousands as opposed to millions.
Restarted mac and immediately get, 'the application finder has quit, restart your computer etc', attempt to do this and it crashed/freezes halfway through restarting.
Othertimes it all starts up only for finder to crash when I attempt to access Hardrive or run programmes.
My mac now is having major difficulties booting and I'm hardpressed to do anything if it does due to finder crashes.
Error of type 2 occured when attempting to access memory control panel, which I beleive is memory related and having searched abit I believe this all down to my fiddling with Control panels etc....
Trouble is I have no real idea which of my 'optimization' techniques provided the problem and more so, how to go about rectifying said problems....
Apologies if I come across as ignoramus, any help appreciated again,
Cheers
Carl

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 14:46
- © MacMusic 1997-2008