MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Logic/g5/dp, No sound with Logic
Z09
post Tue 21 Jul 2009, 16:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109,722

Hi everybody,

I have recently installed Logic Pro.8.02 on my G5 bipro
everythings seems OK but I have no sound !
You have to know that just before I worked with Digital Performer.
DP is OK with the sound but I can't have sound when I open Logic.
DP and Logic are on the same computer but I never use them together…
Is anybody can help me ?
Thank you

This post has been edited by Z09: Tue 21 Jul 2009, 16:38
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Jim Hoyland
post Sat 25 Jul 2009, 12:07
Post #2

Member No.: 81,499

Hmmm...

I guess the next things to check are possible peripheral conflicts. If you are using other FireWire devices (external HD, video card etc.) try disconnecting them, doing a fresh restart of your computer and then launching Logic to see whether that makes any difference.

If you are currently using a FireWire hub, try removing that from your set-up and connecting your MOTU directly to the computer.

I notice from the MOTU website that the Traveler can be either FireWire bus or mains powered. If you are currently working using bus power, try switching to mains power instead.

If none of the above helps, you may need to reinstall Logic. Drag the Logic application to the trash and then run the installer again. When installing software, its a good idea to repair permissions after each software install, restart, look for software updates, run permission repair again.

One last thing. I've never used MOTU interfaces myself, but the website makes reference to some software called CueMix and AudioDesk. If these are required for operation, please check that there aren't conflicts in settings with Logic (e.g. are sample rates set in CueMix & Logic matched?).

We are fast approaching the limits of my guesswork I'm afraid!

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
deaconblue
post Sun 26 Jul 2009, 08:38
Post #3

Member No.: 11,156

Z09,

CueMix should be installed with the FireWire drivers from MOTU (it is a FireWire driver package for all the FW enabled interfaces) along with the MOTU Audio Setup applet. The AudioDesk software is the 'LE' version of DP which ships with MOTU Hardware for the Mac.

Can you open up the Audio MIDI utility (Hard Drive -> Applications -> Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup) and confirm that you can see the device in the list there? If CORE AUDIO/MIDI doesn't see it, then Logic never will.

When you plug in and turn on the Traveler does the MOTU Audio Setup applet open up automatically? If not, the Traveler is not communicating with the MOTU drivers.

On the tracks you are attempting to record on in Logic, do you have "record enabled" (red button) on the track you are trying to monitor/record? Small step, but one often overlooked by people switching in to Logic from DP.

Is the click you are hearing the Metronome?

In the MOTU Audio Setup Applet, what is the default channel for monitoring set to? Is it the same channel(s) you are plugging your instrument/mic into?

These will help narrow down where the issue in the signal chain, both hardware and virtual may be.

Post back with your findings.

peace.

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio

+Quote Post
Z09
post Mon 27 Jul 2009, 18:03
Post #4

QUOTE (deaconblue @ Sun 26 Jul 2009, 09:38) *
Z09,

CueMix should be installed with the FireWire drivers from MOTU (it is a FireWire driver package for all the FW enabled interfaces) along with the MOTU Audio Setup applet. The AudioDesk software is the 'LE' version of DP which ships with MOTU Hardware for the Mac.

Can you open up the Audio MIDI utility (Hard Drive -> Applications -> Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup) and confirm that you can see the device in the list there? If CORE AUDIO/MIDI doesn't see it, then Logic never will.

When you plug in and turn on the Traveler does the MOTU Audio Setup applet open up automatically? If not, the Traveler is not communicating with the MOTU drivers.

On the tracks you are attempting to record on in Logic, do you have "record enabled" (red button) on the track you are trying to monitor/record? Small step, but one often overlooked by people switching in to Logic from DP.

In the MOTU Audio Setup Applet, what is the default channel for monitoring set to? Is it the same channel(s) you are plugging your instrument/mic into?

These will help narrow down where the issue in the signal chain, both hardware and virtual may be.

peace.

Hi, and thank for your help.
I have worked on Audio/Midi set Up as you told me and I got sound ! BUT only with Integrated Audio output,
when I select the MOTU card in Preferences it does'nt sound at all ! just clics !
… well I think we are in the right direction and I think the problem is not so hard but,
if you have others ideas you are welcome !
I write you back if I find something new

+Quote Post
Z09
post Wed 29 Jul 2009, 10:02
Post #5

QUOTE (Z09 @ Mon 27 Jul 2009, 18:03) *
QUOTE (deaconblue @ Sun 26 Jul 2009, 09:38) *
Z09,

peace.

Hi, and thank for your help.
I have worked on Audio/Midi set Up as you told me and I got sound ! BUT only with Integrated Audio output,
when I select the MOTU card in Preferences it does'nt sound at all ! just clics !
… well I think we are in the right direction and I think the problem is not so hard but,
if you have others ideas you are welcome !
I write you back if I find something new

Hello, I write you back not because I have found something but because I have no answer to my problem : I always have sound with the integrated system but I don't have sound with my external card and when I run Logic it is notified ; Synchronisation problem with audio/midi
What do you think about that ?
Are you shure the only way to select external card is Preferences/Audio ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 17 May 2024, 23:02
- © MacMusic 1997-2008