MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Good Set Of Monitor, KRKs
Synthetik
post Thu 27 Jan 2005, 11:47
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,668

I am looking at getting a new set of monitors.
Right now I have a pair of Alesis monitor ones. These things are crap and the tweeters need work and I don't want to deal with it.

I have listened to the KRK V6 monitors at a local store. I liked them but listening to them in the store is different from my studio.

I read a monitor review in Future Music that stated they were good for "Ronck Muic".

I am doing electronic music and do not need monitors that are good for rock music.

I have been happy with the price of the V6s.

I was wonderig if any one had any experence with theses monitors on an electronic music level. especiacally analog.

Thanks in advance

Synth3tik biggrin.gif

--------------------
BING BING BLEEP ERRRRRRR[I]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
editbrain
post Fri 28 Jan 2005, 15:38
Post #2

Member No.: 30,424

I almost got these instead of my mackie hr824's. i like the v6. i think they would sound good in a room with plaster walls (i.e. a home/bedroom/sheet rock walls). they have this nice punch to them. bass seems a little dry in my opinion, but def worth the cost.

editbrain

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 28 Jan 2005, 18:37
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

How much do you want to push on the bill ? cool.gif

Dat's da main question wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Presto
post Thu 17 Feb 2005, 19:38
Post #4

Maniac Member

Member No.: 3,984

Yep! What sort of acoustics in the room you're intending to use them.
I've got some very nice active monitors that I use in my barn-loft workshop. However, in winter when it gets very cold I bring them in the house - plaster walls and ceiling, plus floorboards half covered by a carpet - and I find it difficult to accept the 'echo'. They are still clearly better than my hifi amp/speakers.

So, if you want to get better monitors, also think of improving the acoustics of your room. There may be an article on room acoustics somewhere on macmusic (oops perhaps in French).

lepetitmartien has a point smile.gif In my opinion, people whose special pleasure is listening to sound should budget more for their monitors and room acoustics than for the computer.

--------------------
Without shit, we wouldn't be here ;)

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 17 Feb 2005, 20:49
Post #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Hi Presto, nice to see you around smile.gif

My concern was also it's easier to tell with a budget in mind. There's a lot of monitors out there. A lot are worthy too so it helps clean the perspective a little wink.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
Presto
post Fri 18 Feb 2005, 13:39
Post #6

Maniac Member

Hi lpm smile.gif Nice to be back.

One thing I've noticed about good monitors is that you don't need to push the volume. The sound is so clear that it seems more "present" at a lower volume. This also seems to diminish problems caused by bad room acoustics. It also diminishes problems related to building acoustics so if you have neighbours this is important too.

I feel like pinning a big cotton sheet to the ceiling of the room I use in winter, but I don't think the missus would appreciate it. Where I live there's only 4 or 5 weeks of winter so I don't think I'll risk it.

Synthetik - what do you mean by analog? Even 'digital' speakers end up providing an analog signal, don't they?

This post has been edited by Presto: Fri 18 Feb 2005, 13:51

--------------------

+Quote Post
td3k
post Fri 18 Feb 2005, 14:30
Post #7

Member No.: 16,354

This month's (March) 'Electronic Musician' has a review of 6 different mid-sized 8" monitors, it's a pretty good article.

Cheers

This post has been edited by td3k: Fri 18 Feb 2005, 14:32

--------------------

+Quote Post
lgpist11
post Sat 19 Feb 2005, 06:22
Post #8

Member No.: 53,420

If you really want good monitors go for the self powered Tannoy reveal, do not waste your time.

+Quote Post
Presto
post Sat 19 Feb 2005, 17:30
Post #9

Maniac Member

Synthetik hasn't been back since 27 Jan so I've a feeling we're pissing into the wind wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan
post Thu 24 Mar 2005, 00:19
Post #10

Member No.: 62,769

I believe genelec are the best (I have in the studio 1031A). But also I guess there are expensive. So I wanna buy some cheaper monitors for home too and I do not know what to do.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 18:54
- © 440 Forums 2011