MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motu 828mk3 Problems, Please help me! Problems with Motu 828mk3/Cubase sx3/Mac platform
macuser66
post Tue 15 Jul 2008, 10:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 102,108

Hello, I'm new on this forum and I hope someone can help me resolve this problem.
Recently I bought a brand new motu 828mk3 (I've used the 828mk2 with my setup for some years), I've installed the driver updates for my 828mk3 audio interface but when I try to update the firmware the window shows me an error message (see the included image file) telling me it can't find a file .bin in the resources. Strange thing, 'cause all has gone well when I updated the previous version of the firmware (1.05).

The second problem is that the 828mk3 produces (randomly) a noise like a hissing sound in the high frequency when I'm listening or recording tracks in my sequencer (Cubase SX3.1.1); I've noticed that the first time it happened in Cubase it stopped if I change the sync mode in the MOTU control panel (i.e. switching from adat to internal or so), but only for a while. After some time it begins to make the noise. Now the noise is less frequently and short and when it happens cubase shows me an error message like in the image below.

This happened also with the previous version of the driver/firmware (1.05) and sometimes the noise doesn't appear at all (i.e. in a project with several VSTi, some effect, and recording one audio track, no problems... in a project with only one audio stereo track playing, no insert or send fx, and recording an audio track, having the noise every 10/20 seconds!!!

In the MacOSX audio/midi configuration I've also noticed that every time I start my G5 (Dual 2.5 GHz PPC - 6.5 GB SDRAM- with Tiger 10.4.11) I've got to reconfigure the choice for preferred outputs and inputs.

What can I do? Is it a problem of driver/software incompatibility or...?
I don't think the 828mk3 is defective...
Thanx a lot in advance for helping me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
macuser66
post Tue 22 Jul 2008, 09:07
Post #2

Member No.: 102,108

Resolved by myself (with a little suggestion by the italian MOTU distributor).

+Quote Post
metuse
post Sun 22 Nov 2009, 02:24
Post #3

Member No.: 111,614

QUOTE (macuser66 @ Tue 22 Jul 2008, 00:07) *

What did you do to fix this?

+Quote Post
ironhead
post Mon 23 Nov 2009, 06:44
Post #4

Member No.: 62,788

QUOTE (macuser66 @ Tue 22 Jul 2008, 08:07) *

IT would be nice of you to tell us what did you do to resolve the problem so we others can know who have simiiar problem

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 22:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008