MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Presonus Firepod, Anybody usin' it?
blueskybluesguy
post Fri 2 Dec 2005, 19:29
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 72,523

Okay,

I had missed this before, and still might not be using it correctly, but the 'Mix' knob on the bottom right seems to control the level of playback relative to current instrument.

In GarageBand the volume slider in the enabled track seems to control the volume post-computer, thereby controlling the amount of computer-added effect one hears on the current instrument.

I had previously not understood what this 'Mix' knob did. Anyone else have any experience with this?

--------------------
PowerMac G5, 1.8GHz Single, !.25Mb, Firepod
Electric & Acoustic Guitars, Basic Bass, Compose, Home Studio: Garageband.
Folk, Blues, basic R&R

"If ya ain't got a sense of humor about life, it ain't funny!"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scotco79
post Tue 6 Dec 2005, 05:37
Post #12

Member No.: 73,495

I use the firepod (2 actually) in my studio. Works GREAT with cubase SL and is very user friendly. SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO USE IT WITH GARAGEBAND, PLEASE! And you have plenty of contol of the instrument if you properly use the sofware. Or, if you really want, a good mixer works quite nicely.

+Quote Post
scotco79
post Wed 7 Dec 2005, 23:29
Post #13

Member No.: 73,495

Never mind. I got it now. It finally wsorked on the third time.

+Quote Post
furiousg
post Mon 12 Dec 2005, 09:44
Post #14

Member No.: 73,781

I love the firepod with GB2. haven't had a single problem.

when i record on GB2, I make sure the faders are all the way to zero. i then check that my levels are not peaking, adjusting the GAIN knobs on the Firepod.

When I record, I keep the MAIN LEVEL knob on the firepod at zero. I keep my MIXER knob pointed at 12 o'clock.

I hit record on GB2. When i play back, i simply turn my firepod volume up, then turn the GB2 faders up. everything runs great!

i don't know if this helps, bluesskybluesguy, but i think you may be confusing "volume" with "gain." I havent run into the issue your discussing. when you lower the gain knob, you definitely lower the input intensity of the instrument into the computer. but that should not affect the volume from any faders or main levels knobs you have.

With that said - i have what may be a stupid question. GB2 shows 10 channels. i know what the first 8 are for - mics/instruments. what do channels 9 and 10 correspond to on the Firepod?

also - does anyone run a MIDI device through the Firepod? if so, how is that working out for you?

thanks.

-G.

--------------------

+Quote Post
edge100
post Mon 12 Dec 2005, 17:37
Post #15

Rookie

Member No.: 43,617

QUOTE (furiousg @ Dec 12 2005, 08:44)
With that said - i have what may be a stupid question. GB2 shows 10 channels. i know what the first 8 are for - mics/instruments. what do channels 9 and 10 correspond to on the Firepod?

Inputs 9 and 10 are the stereo s/pdif inputs.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Welcome Guest
Contribute
Lo-Fi Version - Tue 2 Jul 2024, 10:36
- © PcMusic 1997-2007