MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fruityloops Type Of Software, ^
blackwind212
post Wed 24 Dec 2003, 07:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,733

What is a piece of software that would replace fruityloops.
I love to make loops for my website, but can not find a piece of software taht would do that on my new mac.
help please
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrhappypants
post Thu 25 Dec 2003, 14:33
Post #2

Member No.: 27,589

Ableton's Live software is awesome. It's a little pricey, but it would definitely work for you. You can get a demo here:

http://www.ableton.com

+Quote Post
ernene
post Thu 25 Dec 2003, 19:45
Post #3

Member No.: 30,190

Hi, I don't know so much about all this... but I own FLstudio, and when I bought my mac switched to Reason... and let me tell U: it has nothing to do with FL... absolutly superior!!!, thing U could use it as well... check demo on:

www.propellerheads.se

I've even been trying Ableton live, and it's fantastic as well... and if U rewire both of them.... ok... it's fantastic... but maybe u are not looking 4 that kind of set up...
Good Luck

+Quote Post
blackwind212
post Fri 26 Dec 2003, 04:39
Post #4

I don't have a music instrument

thats why FL was great

I could make excellent sounding loops for my websites with ease.

+Quote Post
Lusamar
post Fri 26 Dec 2003, 08:20
Post #5

Member No.: 25,076

There is no software on mac similar to fruity loops. it´s a VST host and it´s So fun to use. You can have a super system 10.3 but you dont have FLS! In my opinion you should not change Pc to Mac if it´s to use reason´s or Sonar´s....

+Quote Post
tsand19151
post Fri 26 Dec 2003, 16:55
Post #6

Member No.: 31,829

"There is no software on mac similar to fruity loops."
That's not true. SOUNDTRACK from Apple is very much like FL. SOUNDTRACK is exactly what you're looking for. It comes with Final Cut Pro 4 but it's also available as a stand alone. Very cool software. My only gripe is that it's kind of expensive. Check it out.

+Quote Post
ernene
post Sat 27 Dec 2003, 01:56
Post #7

I didn't have a music instrument neither for a long time and had good fun creating on Reason... maybe it takes a little bit more if U want to use synths with nice melodies, but U have dr. rex with drum loops that U are able to change in many diff. forms. Have redrum aswell, great drum machine with paterns... and to create loops... u have matrix, that you can use it with any instrument to create a patern loop... or many and then automate... u can do anything u want... just try it out... give it a chance.
I'm telling U all this because its great... works better than fl, better sound, better "sounds", easy to use aswell... but much more proffessional... Do what U want... but should make a try...
try to get some info... about soft studios..., magazines (computermusic, futuremusic, music tech, etc...) there's a lot of info there...
and as soon as u can... get a keyboard with controllers... at www.gear4music.com have good prices... take a look...
sorry 4 my english... i'm argentinian.... good luck again
soundtrack is ok... tsand19151 is right about that... but it's not that great...

+Quote Post
blackwind212
post Sat 27 Dec 2003, 09:36
Post #8

.....fiiiine.........Ill get an instrument........then learn it....

god FL was so easy just click on the little dots to create small loops, and then use those small loops to create beautiful music, all within 20 minutes....

how much would be standard to spend for a keyboard?

This post has been edited by blackwind212: Sat 27 Dec 2003, 09:36

+Quote Post
Lusamar
post Sat 27 Dec 2003, 12:16
Post #9

Member No.: 25,076

SoundTracks is much like Acid. You work with pre made loops. That is totally diferent from FLS. In Fruity you make your loops in pattern style and the sequence them in the playlist. I guess Reason is the big rival of FLS.
I personally think that FLS is much better because i can use my Reaktor, Kontakt, Waves directly and it is very quick to creat sounds. I totally dislike reason filters, fx and the sequencer.
If FLS was in mac, i would be a very happy guy. i wouldnt need to have a PC just for it.java script:emoticon(':D')

+Quote Post
ernene
post Sun 28 Dec 2003, 12:20
Post #10

ok... I think that it's true that FL is easyer to create... but anyway... the others are as difficult as U want to make them... if U get practice and see that quality is important too... U won't complain of spending another half an our... at leasst that's what happend to me...
But... Blackwind212: if U get or not another soft... or just stay playing with FL... an instrument will be great for you... I told you something about www.gear4muisc.com ... because they have good prices in controller keyboards if I compare with Italy, were I live... x ex.: a small one 2 octaves with controller to link whatever u want, in FL or another one... is the Midiman OXIGEN 8 for €125 + €9.9 if u're in UK, or €28 rest of europe...
U can get a bigger one, 4 the same price without controllers... an Evolution MK249... an dwith contr. Evol. MK 249C x €155+transport as I wrote above. Of course u have a lot more... and more expensive... these are ok an d cheaper...
take a look there... and if U can find anything cheaper, please, let me know...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 22:56
- © MacMusic 1997-2008