MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Mic Should I Buy?
mortalengines
post Tue 15 Nov 2005, 03:24
Post #11

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 65,373

Shure beta 57' s or 58's are the workman's dynamic mics- that being said I really like my Blue Ball (phantom powered though) & one day I tried mic'ing my guitar amp with an Audix (F10- I think) dynamic that was from their "drum pack") & had really good results, so Audix mics are generally a pretty good gamble as well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blueskybluesguy
post Tue 15 Nov 2005, 08:23
Post #12

Member No.: 72,523

i don't have experience with any of the other mics, but i bought a used Rode NT1A off of eBay for just under $100. it was DOA. I called Rode's service center and they said send it and they'd fix it, no charge. got it back a week later. they even included a shock mount for free when they returned it. it's been sounding sweet ever since.

--------------------
PowerMac G5, 1.8GHz Single, !.25Mb, Firepod
Electric & Acoustic Guitars, Basic Bass, Compose, Home Studio: Garageband.
Folk, Blues, basic R&R

"If ya ain't got a sense of humor about life, it ain't funny!"

+Quote Post
scotco79
post Tue 6 Dec 2005, 21:19
Post #13

Member No.: 73,495

Get a Shure KSM27. Its clarity is pretty much unmatched for a condenser mic of that value (~$300) and its worth the extra money for the quality it presents. For only about $150 though, you can get a good AKM which will work just fine though. The different types of mics really depend on what you plan to record. A shure SM57 or SM58 is not what you want to go with to record vocals. A condenser mic of lesser value will serve you better, although I have used a Shure SM58 Beta to record drums and it worked quite well.

This post has been edited by scotco79: Tue 6 Dec 2005, 21:21

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 03:27
- © 440 Forums 2011