MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Midi Drivers Missing Under Oms., ol' OMS/midiman-Maudio prob as usual
KB Boy
post Sat 23 Oct 2004, 08:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,635

I have Logic 4.8 on a G4 Powerbook, 400 MHz, 386 MB ram. I am using a Midisport 1X1 USB hub connecting a Roland JV - 50 to the computer. I went to use the set up for the first time in a few months and I can't get midi out ie I can't hear anything. Logic shows a midi in signal and I can record it but can't hear it. I went back to OMS studio set up. The arrow showing line out from the icon for the synth is blinking which I assume means no connection. When I check the set up in the OMS window I keep getting the message "Midisport1 OMS Driver cannot be loaded". I checked and the driver is in the OMS folder in the System Folder. I've reinstalled the Midisport 1X1 driver from the disk once but it didn't help.

It was working last time I used the computer so I think I've maybe changed a setting or preference . . . or something.
Any suggestions?

Rex
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 24 Oct 2004, 02:11
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

typical OMSthing behaviour… and rather common with Midiman/Maudio drivers… they just semm to love each other for years wink.gif

Trash OMS and the midiman drivers and preferences
Do some clean up while you're at it
feed the cat
install OMS again
Install midiman drivers again

It should accept to be set up in order now. If not, start again, change the order, but don't feed the cat again or he'll get heart dissease. wink.gif laugh.gif

Usually it works the first time (loads and loads of threads on this back in time…) but some unlucky ones have had to struggle a bit. unsure.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
KB Boy
post Sun 24 Oct 2004, 06:32
Post #3

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Rex

+Quote Post
midimacguy
post Mon 1 Nov 2004, 02:44
Post #4

Member No.: 54,232

Is it working now?

unsure.gif

+Quote Post
KB Boy
post Mon 8 Nov 2004, 04:36
Post #5

Re-installed everything and it's working.

Thanks for all the help.

Rex

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 9 Nov 2004, 06:55
Post #6

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Cool cool.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
midimacguy
post Wed 17 Nov 2004, 01:47
Post #7

Member No.: 54,232

QUOTE (KB Boy @ Nov 7 2004, 21:36)
Re-installed everything and it's working.

Thanks for all the help.

Rex

OK!

How would we spend our musical time without computers, uugghh?

Glad to read that the re-install worked.

+Quote Post
post Sat 26 Feb 2005, 19:29
Post #8

Group:
Member No.: 0

I'm having probs running OMS with a keystation 61es - everytime I switch the USB Midi keyboard on, a dialog comes up saying the drivers for the keystation aren't there and would I like to get them from the internet! Despite everything the keyboard simply doesn't register in the OMS set-up panel. And why doesn't it show a USB port for hich this keyboard is designed??? The keyboard works in OS X but I use )S 9 a lot 'cos I have many apps using it.
I'm hoping MAudio will come up with an answer....
Sarsen

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 26 Feb 2005, 19:46
Post #9

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Try to restart the computer (in fact, shut down, wait a little, start up the keyboard then the mac) with the keyboard already on.

If it doesn't work, try the reinstall trick. (and retry if it doesn't work).

I won't expect a workaround from M-audio for an eventual bad behaviour in OS 9. For development, OS 9 is dead now. unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
post Sun 27 Feb 2005, 00:01
Post #10

Group:
Member No.: 0

biggrin.gif Nope - that works not. Thanks though! I see that the Opcode OMS Midi list doesn't even include the keystation by M-Audio! Quite why they issue these useless discs with their new hardware is beyond me. As a music newbie, I was trying to use the midi to call up Quicktime musical instruments the range of which was revealed via a shareware prog - MacSynth . My Reason Adapted software doesn't seem to be able to import Quicktime instruments for some reason ( uh....sorry) . Hey ho, it's off to OS X land......
sarsen.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 16:45
- © MacMusic 1997-2008