MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> Mbp Died...what To Get Next?
jcshirke
post Mon 10 Aug 2015, 21:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,027

Hi,

Long story short: It looks likely that my '09 MBP HD just died on me without warning. If that's the case, then I will be looking for a new computer for my recording needs.

My questions:

1. Is a new iMac a good option for home recording? Or...
2. Should I go with a new Mac Pro? (Or would this be the best solution for true professionals, not necessarily home recording enthusiasts, etc.?)
3. Should I get a new Macbook Pro, so that I could do home recording, but also take it out live, if/when the time comes? Example: I may wish to use Ableton Live to accompany performance.

I'm on the fence. Should I get a rock-solid, high-performance home recording system (either iMac, or Mac Pro)? Or should I have the portability of the MBP?

One thing I will have to deal with is installing all of my apps on the new drive (if I happen to keep the old machine), or on a new machine, and then re-authorize all of them. I don't look forward to that headache. How many of you have had to re-install/re-authorize several music apps (Logic, Live, BFD, FM8, Omnisphere, Trilogy, etc.) when a drive crashed, or when you got a new computer? Was it a nightmare?

Any advice would be appreciated. I can hardly be the first person to have these issues.

Jeff
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 15:58
- © MacMusic 1997-2008