MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Scammers Wading Thru Our Classifieds, Don't get swindled!
brybon
post Sat 17 Feb 2007, 17:22
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,521

QUOTE (Eliezer @ Fri 20 Oct 2006, 18:10) *
I too have met up with these same scammers on a different audio classifieds webpage. (They wouldn't even mention the scammer problem on their website, so I don't intend to publicize them here!)

Nevertheless, the names of the two scammers who contacted me were Noble Store and Peter Wreth. Both claimed to be from England. Store wanted me to ship $100 worth of audio tape to Nigeria for $9000 (!) and Peter wanted to send me $2000 and then have me give $1800 to his "agent", who would pick up the tape at my house.

Peter Wreth's email is < aidanbutler08@hotmail.com > and Noble Store's is < noblestorelimited@yahoo.com >

The odd deals weren't offered at the beginning, BTW. I merely asked them a few questions about audio and could easily see that they were not of our field.

I have no way of knowing if they work together, or are the same person, or will ever use those names or email addresses again, but I DID want to share this information with all of you..

"Peter Wreth" just tried to buy my BMW and wants it shipped to England! Definately watch out for this one! He also signs email with both Peter and Aidan. My Bank is tracking the cashier's check that he sent and then forwarding it on to the FBI. Just thought I would chime in!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sat 17 Feb 2007, 17:29
Post #32

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

Thanks for the hints smile.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 16 May 2008, 03:15
Post #33

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Note for everyone

we just banned a member using two IDs here: silvrmbr and nsgoit

He tries to sell a neumann, you send the money and no more answers. If you have done so a 2 of our members, please contact your police service in charge of this!
We keep the records we have for the police if need be.

Please : no direct deposit beyond small sums. Use a money escrow system! No money transfers, no paypal, no checks! This way you can't be stollen. sad.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 16 May 2008, 04:34
Post #34

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

I've just made a blog post (my first) to sum up what to check, what to do, where to go… to be extended, translated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark Owen
post Fri 16 May 2008, 08:20
Post #35

Group: Members
Member No.: 100,640

Hi,

This scammer's pretty careless so I don't think the police will have too much trouble picking him up.

He was using silvrmbr (Silver Member) and nsgoit (Noise Gate) advertising Neumann U87 vintage, claiming it was used only for guitar.

Here are the details he provided in case he tries it out again:

Name : CEDRIC FLOCH
Address: 42 rue saint pierre 26200 Montélimar FRANCE
Phone: +33 (0)6 88 05 99 46
Bank Name : CAISSE D' EPARGNE

Stick with the echrow!

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 16 May 2008, 17:18
Post #36

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

I've just banned other identities of him, no classifieds linked to them seemingly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 20 May 2008, 03:44
Post #37

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

He's banned under the logins:

silvrmbr
southerndeathstyle
stangelox
amazzic
nsgoit
zikornus
vintolin
griinlite
wendygogone

If any of you have been trading with these, please contact me ASAP. We're on the watch as to prevent him to do more harm, and will do what we can to learn him not to f… up with our members. angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 22 May 2008, 17:36
Post #38

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Just added new logins to the list above. We have already 3 members swindled, be very careful: no money transfer !!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:36
- © 440 Forums 2011