MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
> 2003 End Of Os9?, hope music apps are all ported by then
Synthetic
post Thu 12 Sep 2002, 16:40
Post #1

Maniac Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,082

Well folks, it appears that future Macs after 2003 will only boot in OSX. They state that OS9 apps will still run in "classic mode" but as many of us know... sometimes "classic mode" just doesn't cut it and some apps don't work well in classic mode.

With this in mind... I hope that software companies will get off their butts and port more apps to OSX especially Digidesign because that may affect the sales of new Macs in 2003 since no one will want to buy a machine that will not run their favorite music apps. Then again... that may increase the value of the pre-2003 model Macs when users want to resale wink.gif

I know I am glad to see that Logic is making the transition to OSX but its also sad to see that it still lacks some previous features such as REX file support and I am guessing that all previous VST plugs will be useless until new compatible plugs are created. I wonder what this means for GOLD users too. I have been waiting for GOLD to hit version 5 on OS9 and never see any info on that release... so are they just concerned more with the PLATINUM users?

With all these things still being in development... it makes me wonder if Apple jumped the gun a bit with their OSX only bet for 2003? I guess only time will tell.

--------------------
----------------------------------------
<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'>Synthetic Tone</span>
Click above for totally original electronic music, art, & photos.
Click below to become an active member of the MacMusic.org site..

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Become An Active Member</span>

G4 550mhz Tibook & Brand Spankin New Dual G5 2Ghz Power Mac with Tiger.
So long old OS9 apps :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 23 Apr 2024, 16:34
- © MacMusic 1997-2008