MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone Using Any Logic Audio 6 Tutorials Cd’s?
the clash
post Thu 29 Apr 2004, 14:56
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,220

Upon purchasing new software I usually manage to figure it out myself over a period (sometimes a long period) of time but with Logic Pro I want to learn it as fast as I can with any assistance I can get.
Im thinking of buying the Emagic Logic Audio 6 Tutorial CD which I just found out about at

http://www.computer-training-software.com/...logic-audio.htm

This tutorial is 7 hrs long and is by George Ledger.
£79.95 ($99.94)

Are these tutorials worthwhile?
Also is Emagic Logic Audio 6 just the same as Logic Pro but without the Synths, sampler etc?
Cheers
smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve54
post Thu 29 Apr 2004, 15:10
Post #2

Member No.: 40,080

I am new to Logic having been Cubase user for many years so I paid out for the Tutorial CD's.
Disk 1 covers installation and for myself was usefull, but Disk 2 is no more than an advertizement for various plugins.
As for the 72 hours I believe you are mistaking that all of the tutorial CD's for Mac Education amounts to that time, not the Logic ones.
In conclusion I feel cheated paying so much for so little, spend your cash on something more worthwhile man.

+Quote Post
terrywil
post Fri 30 Apr 2004, 00:52
Post #3

Member No.: 29,767

Hi. I struggled to learn Logic 6 (Platinum) with the included manuals. I got the book "Logic 6. Professional Music Creation and Audio Production" by Martin Sitter and Robert Brock. It's part of the Apple Pro Training Series. I highly recommend this book. It includes a CD with training materials. It helped me immensely! Straight ahead with good diagrams.

--------------------
"...I just don't know...it sounds funny."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac G5, dual 2.0 GHz, MOTU 828 MkII interface, Virus TI Keyboard, Genelec 1029A and Mackie HR824 monitors, Mackie Control Universal, Presonus Eureka and ART DPS II preamps, Presonus Central Station, AKG C1000S and C3000 mics. Logic Pro 7.2, Trilogy, Stylus, Atmosphere, Native Instruments Komplete 2.

+Quote Post
some_guy
post Wed 26 May 2004, 18:45
Post #4

Member No.: 43,857

I foolishly spent a hour scouring the three disks that came with Logic Pro looking for the tutorial and demo files. When my registration FINALLY kicked in, I sent an email to support and got a quick reply that the disks were nt ready at shiping time and will be forwarded to registered users when they are.

+Quote Post
Andrew Mehrtens
post Fri 28 May 2004, 20:53
Post #5

Member No.: 43,563

I registered at night, went to bed, and my A Key was waiting in the e-mail first thing in the morning. No problems here! As for that 2CD trainign stuff, were the plugins the ones that come with Logic Pro, 'cause that would have been great. Only a pain back in the Platinum days if you didn't buy the software instuments and stuff.

I learnt Logic initially from Audio Magazines like Sound On Sound, and for newbies, the Logic QuickTour is a great starter and it's free on the Apple site when you go into the Logic pages!

A

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Tue 21 May 2024, 15:58
- © MacMusic 1997-2008