MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Boot Drive Choice For Power Pc Mac Dual G5 2.7 Ghz ?
Milca
post Mon 27 Aug 2007, 07:20
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,854

Hello guys
I’m trying a purchase a new Boot drive for Power PC Mac dual G5 2.7 GHz ( early 2005) ? All my audio and music samples I’m running from 4 bay ( sata ) exterior hot swap enclosure with Lycom card so my boot drive will be clearly for OS X and applications ( Pro Tools Logic ,NI and many others)
I have done big research and I was considering wide variety of hard drives - From WD Raptors 74 and 150 gb ,Seagates,Maxtors to Htachi’s.
So finally I‘ve sorted out choices for my boot drive
to - Hitachi T7K 500 GB
- WD Caviar SE16 500 GB or WD Caviar RE 2 500 GB
- Maxtor Diamond Max 10 or Maxline III ( 300 GB )
In Amug review they were not really happy with Hitachi T7k 320 GB inside mac pro on internal bus ( without host adapter)
http://www.amug.org/amug-web/html/amug/rev...ticles/seagate/
But that is Mac Pro - I have Dual processor so it might be different- )
Lot of people are preferring both kinds of WD Caviar.Some are cheering for maxtor drives ( those are preferred in bare feats reviews http://www.barefeats.com/boot02.html )

So basically my question is which HD out of those earlier stated would work best in my particular kind of MAC without PCI - X card or another words what kind of boot drive are you guys using with your dual G5.
I would really appreciate if anyone can give me a feedback as far as what drive would be the best choice.

Thank you very much for your time

Milan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 05:03
- © MacMusic 1997-2008