MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adb To Usb
maudgazon
post Wed 22 Oct 2008, 22:00
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 104,331

Hi everyone, newbie here.

I've moved up from a 6800 to a PPC iMac. I've got midi modules that use ADB interface on the old Mac. Is there an interface that converts ADB to USB that I could use with my modules and the iMac ? I've heard that the Griffin one only works one way - keyboards and mice into MAC but not out to modules. Any information would be welcome. Thanks.

Maud
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
imhookt1
post Thu 23 Oct 2008, 05:02
Post #2

Member No.: 74,293

welcome, you might try microcenter dot com? they've got a lot of converter type stuff.

hi and welcome again, thanks for bring back memories of old, I've also got some older classic out of date per se' mac's you got my curiosity going. I did find thru searching around a little a place called Beachaudio dot com item # 2001-ADB converts that plug to USB hope this helps you, it help me too

+Quote Post
Johnna
post Thu 23 Oct 2008, 11:13
Post #3

Member No.: 104,257

WOW Motorola 6800 processor ! now THAT brings back memories. I had a Mac Centris with one of those. rolleyes.gif

There are tons of adaptors you can choose from:

http://www.google.com/products?q=ADB+to+USB&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

When you say MIDI Module(s)- can you be specific ? I am curious which ones ?

QUOTE (maudgazon @ Wed 22 Oct 2008, 23:00) *
Hi everyone, newbie here.

I've moved up from a 6800 to a PPC iMac. I've got midi modules that use ADB interface on the old Mac. Is there an interface that converts ADB to USB that I could use with my modules and the iMac ? I've heard that the Griffin one only works one way - keyboards and mice into MAC but not out to modules. Any information would be welcome. Thanks.

Maud

+Quote Post
maudgazon
post Sat 25 Oct 2008, 13:13
Post #4

Member No.: 104,331

[quote name='Johnna' date='Thu 23 Oct 2008, 11:13' post='283482']
WOW Motorola 6800 processor ! now THAT brings back memories. I had a Mac Centris with one of those. rolleyes.gif

There are tons of adaptors you can choose from:

http://www.google.com/products?q=ADB+to+USB&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

When you say MIDI Module(s)- can you be specific ? I am curious which ones ?

Hi Johnna,

whoops, sorry, finger trouble! I meant to say 8600, the Mac!!!
Some of the MIDI stuff I have is:
Boss SE70 processor
Roland CP40 pitch to midi
Roland CM32L sound module
Roland PC200 keyboard
Alesis Qverb
Yamaha CBX T3 sound module
2 x Ataris
Mac Classic

and various bits and pieces.

I'm getting a USB to MIDI converter which will do most of what I want. I used to use Max midi software until the disk it was on disintegrated itself. A new Max is way too expensive!

Maud

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 9 May 2024, 09:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008