MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Studio Projects C1 Vs Audio Technia At4040, Which one for my saffire???
twits celso
post Fri 14 Jul 2006, 17:46
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,926

The C1 (and the U87) often excel on smooth female voices, since the high end is very flattering, but as soon as you switch to someone with a thin voice, watch out because you're going to end up emphasizing the wrong frequencies.

I have a Studio Projects C3 (haven't heard the C1, but it's got to be reasonably similar), and as certain registers of my voice sound a bit thin, I do sometimes feel it's emphasizing the wrong frequencies.
Edge--if you happen to come by here again, can you recommend any mics in the $250-$350 range that DO work if your voice is a bit thin?

And to offer something to the original thread starter, I found adding a mic pre to the C3 made it sound MUCH better. I was originally using the pres on my Firebox (probably not extremely different than the Saphire), and getting a Groove Tubes Brick fattened it up and gave it a beautiful sheen. The VTB1 (which I considered buying) is supposed to be pretty good by most accounts.

PS: That lower-end Presonus (the TubePre?) has gotten some pretty mixed reviews--a lot of people cite its noise level as being too high.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 21:52
- © 440 Forums 2011