MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wheelchair Is New And Could Use Some Help, Consulting help,
wheelchair
post Sat 7 May 2005, 06:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,911

Let me start this way. I am a quadriplegic polio disabled guy that Loves music. As a young guy I played guitar and other string interments enjoyed righting, and singing my own music. As life does my abilities diminished so I moved to keyboards. Loved doing synth stuff. Then that got harder and harder until about 4 years ago I lost more ground. Now I am here looking to see if I can find my way back to a lost love.

So what's that got to do with you? Well I have given it some thought. What I would love to do is find a consultant to work with me here in my town, Sacramento.

Ok yes I contacted music stores and found that they are all very willing to sell me a system. But to help install it, no way. To trouble shoot problems also, no way. So here I am.

If you are interested send me an e-mail.

thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dasa Soul
post Sun 8 May 2005, 06:17
Post #2

Member No.: 38,418

The Geek Squad is a 24-hour task force committed to the successful installation of your network, including:

* On-site service: Agents arrive on the scene and miraculously perform the work at your home or office.
* No trip charges for most locations in major metro areas.
* Service Guarantee: If you are not completely satisfied with Geek Squad service, the problem is remedied fast and free.

The Geek Squad is always on call: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 525,600 minutes a year. Please call 1-800-GEEKSQUAD for more details or

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 8 May 2005, 18:24
Post #3

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

And is there a macmusician in Sacramento willing to help?

I'd do this with pleasure, but I'm a bit too far away… wink.gif

Geek Squad may know their stuff, I'm not sure they are on top of things for music on computers. And they may be more PC oriented too. we are not talking about Office on XP on a centrino laptop needing wireless network unfortunately. cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
wheelchair
post Sun 8 May 2005, 21:11
Post #4

Member No.: 28,911

lepetitmartien thanks I concur, I noted them but hope to find a Mac person familiar with this little world. rolleyes.gif

Adding I am willing to pay for a friendly hand. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Mon 9 May 2005, 01:32
Post #5

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Another possibility is to ask for students in music around. There must be a university/college in Sacramento with at least one cursus in music? wink.gif

I'm going to ask in the ML I'm on. cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
zrobert
post Mon 9 May 2005, 04:12
Post #6

Member No.: 59,140

Hi Wheelchair!
Do as lepetitmartien suggests about contacting a university/college in Sacramento. Also try the local school district’s middle schools and high schools. I read where one teacher was teaching computer music to eighth graders. Go to Google and type MacNexus. On the page you’ll find a Mac user group in Sacramento. It’s a slim chance that somebody might know somebody. There’s no computer music class in the local JC where I live, and the music stores are just as you say, so I know what you’re up against. You want to write I – IV – V chords? I use Finale.
I’m an amateur, but if we talk, I may be able to suggest something.

[edit lpm: please no emails in the forums, bots can find them, use the link in the profile instead, it's spam safe! cool.gif ]

This post has been edited by lepetitmartien: Tue 10 May 2005, 02:49

+Quote Post
Riverdog
post Sat 14 May 2005, 07:14
Post #7

Member No.: 38,439

Wish you lived in Michigan!
I love consulting and have done it for a number of systems in my area...

Good Luck man...
Hope things work out for you...

Riverdog

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaboombahchuck
post Sat 14 May 2005, 13:29
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,003

You know, one of the best places I know of to pose this delema would be at the boards of Just Plain Folks. They have chapters world wide, and almost as many members as M M. cool.gif

--------------------
kaboombahchuck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Sun 15 May 2005, 03:34
Post #9

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

I've still not asked on the mailing lists I'm on, doing it today, after I've slept a bit wink.gif I'm sure there are some cool Sacramento guys around on these. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 14:45
- © MacMusic 1997-2008