MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> M4a File Conversion To .wav, Need to convert .m4a file to .wav (or .aif)
lancet
post Mon 4 Feb 2008, 12:35
Post #11

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,480

in quicktime pro you would use Export..... not Save as...

I just tried it. I opened an mp4 and exported it as "Sound to wav".

I hope this helps.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Tue 5 Feb 2008, 08:40
Post #12

Member No.: 92,865

QUOTE (Mac Daddy @ Mon 4 Feb 2008, 17:26) *
Jim Hoyland, Yep, I checked... You're from the UK... Also, I know the definition of "teat" but usually say "tit'. I know "Teat" is more sophisticated but who wants a "Teat"? Them thangs on Pamela Anderson sure ain't called a "Teat" except in Sunny Old England.

Yep i'm from australia and we use the word 'ripping', but I don't think its really slang; perhaps more of a technical term. First time I heard it would've been back in 1989' or 1990 while working in a graphic pre-press firm designing on macintosh it was in relation to spooling a large postscript file to disk for the printer, so it probably translates to roughly that.... converting something to a hard disk file from some other medium. Don't think it's an Aussie or Pommie thing at all, just a fairly specific term. although I may be wrong of course. it has certainly entered the popular vernacular here in Australia; id be surprised if it wasn't in the dictionary by now. ;-). So I don't know whether thats cleared anthing up guys, but I just couldn't resist. unsure.gif

Oh and jim. you guys don't really call them 'teats' do you? blink.gif

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
• KRK ROKIT 6 and RP10S•Micro korg Synth/vocoder with RODE NT2-A
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Tue 5 Feb 2008, 08:52
Post #13

.m4a is fairly specific to apple and itunes; so you should be able to open them in almost any apple software that deals with audio so-long as you have the codec installed, presumably you could even open it up in video editing packages like Final Cut Pro or Adobe premiere and export it as whatever file type you like, as long as its a format supported by quicktime's audio layer. eg. .wav .aiff .mp3 .mov ... .... and many many more.

This post has been edited by qusp74: Tue 5 Feb 2008, 08:55

--------------------
Jeremy Glover graphic designer and compositor extraordinair but a relative novice at audio
Mac G5 1.8DP 4gig ram .. RME Hammerfall DSP 9632 .. Behringer ADA8000 adat interface
Logic pro 7 NI kontakt, battery FM8, Altiverb Arturia Moog modular minimoog arp2600.

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Tue 5 Feb 2008, 09:04
Post #14

Member No.: 81,499

Without wanting to get too far into this, I was kicked off Imdb once for typing "tits and ass", whereas I know they'd have no problem with "teats and arse" - but I also think there's an important difference between tits and teats. The tit is the whole package whereas the teat is the nipple. I'm sure Pammy has teats, but after all the surgery, I'm equally sure they don't work anymore. Also Willie the Scottish caretaker from the Simpsons frequently uses "teat" and I've always loved the way you can slip fairly rude English onto American TV - does anyone remember Peggy Wanker from "Married with Children"?

And if you like old-fashioned English, there's Micheal "Monty Python" Palin's "Ripping Yarns" to confuse the issue. In 1930's private school / airforce slang, ripping = good / exciting.

I really should get out more often.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Tue 5 Feb 2008, 09:24
Post #15

in fact i remember specifically now where it comes from... RIP that is R aster I mage P rocessor which was a networked computer or earlier even, a proprietry printing device that contained a hard disk, which had the sole purpose of converting an illustrator or photoshop file to a print ready postscript file according to whatever PPD or printer description file you needed. Later I suppose it was adopted by people stealing audio or 'Ripping' CD's because it was kind of appropriate and it sounded like 'ripping someone off' in the manner that Mac Daddy mentioned earlier. so there you go... cool.gif a bit off topic, I know but design just happens to be my background and i'm a bit of a geek at heart. sad.gif also i'm just filling in time while waiting for my copy of the latest chemical brothers album to finish 'ripping' ... just jokes laugh.gif I'm bored so I thought i'd infilct some trivia on Y' all. biggrin.gif Check yas

QUOTE (Jim Hoyland @ Tue 5 Feb 2008, 18:04) *
Without wanting to get too far into this, I was kicked off Imdb once for typing "tits and ass", whereas I know they'd have no problem with "teats and arse" - but I also think there's an important difference between tits and teats. The tit is the whole package whereas the teat is the nipple. I'm sure Pammy has teats, but after all the surgery, I'm equally sure they don't work anymore. Also Willie the Scottish caretaker from the Simpsons frequently uses "teat" and I've always loved the way you can slip fairly rude English onto American TV - does anyone remember Peggy Wanker from "Married with Children"?

And if you like old-fashioned English, there's Micheal "Monty Python" Palin's "Ripping Yarns" to confuse the issue. In 1930's private school / airforce slang, ripping = good / exciting.

I really should get out more often.

HMMMMM 'Check out those teats', sounds a bit wrong doesn't it? tongue.gif

ok promise i'll stop now. or I might get moderated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jim Hoyland
post Tue 5 Feb 2008, 09:44
Post #16

Member No.: 81,499

Just to complete the circle, I think Australian slang has "Ripped to the tits", meaning very, very drunk.

--------------------
www.myspace.com/commercialmusicstudios

+Quote Post
qusp74
post Tue 5 Feb 2008, 10:05
Post #17

QUOTE (Jim Hoyland @ Tue 5 Feb 2008, 18:44) *
Just to complete the circle, I think Australian slang has "Ripped to the tits", meaning very, very drunk.

that would be 'Ripped off my tits', I know, i've said it more than once tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jimdubpram
post Tue 5 Feb 2008, 13:18
Post #18

Member No.: 55,837

Them thangs on Pamela Anderson sure ain't called a "Teat" except in Sunny Old England.

No me old darlin' they are called 'knockers'.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mac Daddy
post Wed 6 Feb 2008, 10:48
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76,633

Thanks for the "Ripping" and "Teat" education...

I lived in Oz, but I only heard the word "Ripper".

+Quote Post
mireth
post Wed 6 Feb 2008, 17:07
Post #20

Member No.: 50,108

QUOTE (tomc11 @ Tue 29 Jan 2008, 15:05) *
Like most on this site I've got quite a collection of songs in iTunes. The other day I was trying to convert a standard .M4a file from iTunes to either a .wav or .aiff (apple loop) so that I can pull some audio samples.
I thought I could do it with my Quicktime Pro but can't find any options in the Save As. Also, tried iTunes itself with no luck. Even tried Apple Loop Utility but it won't load the M4a file.
I use Logic Express 8 and Garageband and I would think that some how I should be able to do this.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Try our Tutorial,
"How to convert an audio file from AAC(M4A, M4B), MP3, Ogg, WMA, Midi, AIFF
to WAV on Mac OS X using Music Man"

at http://www.mireth.com/wt/mpme-convert-wav-mac.html

Hope this helps. 8-)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 17:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008