MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Edirol Fa66 Not Seen, Edirol FA66/G5/G4/G3 problems
john caswell
post Wed 4 Nov 2009, 19:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 111,306

Hi all,
First time post here so hope someone has some ideas. I have been directed by a helpful guy on the Apple Mac forums so here is my problem.

I have the following, Edirol FA66 - G5 Quad 2.5 10.5.8 - G4/800 platinum 10.4.11 and G3/500 10.3.9.
I have been trying to get the FA66 via the Firewire bus to work with the G4 specifically and am able to see input audio in the Mac preferences and also play audio (iTunes) out thru the FA66 to headphones. However the incoming audio is not picked up by any of the recording/editing packages that I have (Audacity, Sound Studio, Amadeus Pro, and Spin Doctor) All these 4 programmes work on a Griffin iMic via the USB bus no problems at all.
I have read a lot of the Q&As on the Apple Mac forums and tried a few things to no avail and Edirol support say emphatically that the FA66 is OK. Have double and triple checked all my settings especially sampling rate and depth but still nothing. The other anomaly is that I expected to see an icon of the FA66 on the desktop but nothing, is this normal?
Any thoughts, comments help of any sort would be most welcome

John Caswell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Thu 5 Nov 2009, 03:54
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

The FA66 AFAIK shouldn't put an icon on the desktop (can someone tell us if I'm wrong?)

Now, if you see inputs in the system preferences, play audio out then it is recognized by both hardware and software on the mac (as you can use them). So the issue is not seemingly in the mac or OS X, more in between these and the apps you want to use.

- Have you checked the Audio Midi setup app in apps/utilities? (nevermind if you did)
- Have you tried to trash all preferences related to Audio? (both system and app related)

Hope this helps

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
john caswell
post Mon 16 Nov 2009, 19:38
Post #3

Hi all,
This is now getting bizarre.
I have been experimenting with all the various combinations and find the following.
When using the FA66, if the stereo audio is fed into either into the balanced or phono inputs it is seen in Mac preferences without a problem ( so that leads me to believe the FA66 is OK). However the stereo audio is only seen on the balanced inputs if I use any one of the following programmes - Sound Studio - Audacity and Amadeus Pro, on the phono inputs nothing. If I use Roxio Spin Doctor the audio is seen on the balanced inputs but only as one channel at 44.1Khz custom and extremely distorted.
All four programmes see the audio via Griffin iMic USB without any trouble at all.

Help!!!

A very perplexed John Caswell

+Quote Post
john caswell
post Wed 18 Nov 2009, 22:03
Post #4

Following on from my last post I have managed to borrow a Phonic Firefly 302. Once connected via Firewire this was immediately recognised by both Amadeus Pro and Sound Studio (and I was able to record and playback OK), not at all by Audacity and only a 44.1Khz single channel by Spin Doctor.
Gets weirder as the days go on.

John Caswell

+Quote Post
manchoa
post Fri 18 Dec 2009, 07:28
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 111,338

I have also FA-66 and it works fine. Just plugged the firewire cable and restarted my Mac. Only thing is - I can't get the optical input and output to work...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 18 Apr 2024, 08:44
- © MacMusic 1997-2008