MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ua - 101, Driver for Macbook Pro
deci
post Mon 19 Feb 2007, 01:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 88,565

I use a UA 101 for live performance. After much effort and heartache with drivers I got it working on my powerbook. Now tho I have upgraded to a core 2 duo Macbook Pro and once again the edirol drivers have let me down.

I have followed the instructions to the letter and the device appears in my system preferences yet when I plug the device in the computer will not recognise it.

I know the unit works perfectly - it operates with both my old powerbook and my mate's PC so it would appear to be a driver issue.

Has anyone had similar experiences or can they offer me any help?

This is really holding me back from my work and Edirol support haven't replied - TBH I find their apple support to be substandard which is absurd for a company within the realms of computer music. sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Tue 20 Feb 2007, 02:30
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

I suppose you looked for the latest drivers in UB?

I'd try with the Apple drive utility and OnyX to verify the drive is ok, the permissions too, clear the caches, optimize the system (update prebinding) fully, and I'd trash the audio preferences.

try to re-install the driver too.

One thing: have you had to upgrade the system of the macbook in any way? if so which parts?

You don't have "funny" stuff installed in your system like third party system preferences?

(I'm sure you're not alone wondering why it doesn't work first thing…)

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Fri 19 Apr 2024, 08:14
- © MacMusic 1997-2008