MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visitors connected
Welcome Guest

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Konnekt 8 And 4 Inputs, Can I use them simultaneously? Or 2 to 2..
ruczaj
post Thu 26 Apr 2007, 21:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,766

Hello everybody,
Konnekt 8 has 4 inputs, 2 on front panel and 2 on rear one. I'm not sure if I can use them simultaneously?
I need 3 inputs at the same time: 1 synth, 1 drum machine, 1 microphone. Is it doable?
thanx for advices
Ruczaj
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
post Fri 27 Apr 2007, 04:18
Post #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Group Icon

Group: Editors
Member No.: 2,758

It seems you can but it means the synth and the drum machine will share each a side of the stereo rear input… uh! The front high Z ones are not suited for them

One solution is to connect the mic in front as obviously… And add a small mixer in the setup, to change easily between the synth and the drum machine to feed the rear audio in. But then you can record them separately or together but on the same tracks. Or you can stack another konnekt 8 but you'll have 3 mic input you don't need…

I'd be you I'd search another interface with more analogue inputs at line level, it'll be easier.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
ruczaj
post Fri 27 Apr 2007, 08:32
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,766

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Fri 27 Apr 2007, 03:18) *
It seems you can but it means the synth and the drum machine will share each a side of the stereo rear input… uh! The front high Z ones are not suited for them

One solution is to connect the mic in front as obviously… And add a small mixer in the setup, to change easily between the synth and the drum machine to feed the rear audio in. But then you can record them separately or together but on the same tracks. Or you can stack another konnekt 8 but you'll have 3 mic input you don't need…

I'd be you I'd search another interface with more analogue inputs at line level, it'll be easier.

Thanks a lot, Lepetitmartien! Synths and drum machine are most important in my setup, so I'll try it in music store.
cheers

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version - Thu 28 Mar 2024, 14:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008